Return to “Games”

Re: No Man's Sky

Victor Tombs wrote:
Just_Ice_au wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:It's a tough decision to make, Matt. I can assure you I will not think any the less of you if you go down on your knees to the PS4.
:shock: :shifty: :oops: :oops:

Oh, not you as well, Just_Ice. Didn't anyone ever tell you that consoles are the doorway to the dark side of the force. :P :lol:
Spoiler:      SHOW
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Matthew Cason wrote:I quite like the ship designs I've seen so far via the trailers and gameplay demos and such. That those ships are all procedural as well is quite impressive.
Yes Matt, let's hope it provides the necessary sparks of inspiration for Josh. I'm sure he can give us some ship designs which will WOW the Community. He should at least be able to improve on what was offered in the original Freelancer. :angel:

Flatfingers wrote:Kotaku has an interview up with the developers of this game.

I like nearly everything I hear about it except:
  • Everyone shares one universe.
  • It's for consoles.
Oh, well.
I can't help but agree with you there :( .
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

The PS4 exclusivity was announced before the Great Flood, I believe.

Also, I haven't seen a NMS developer explicitly state that a PC version is planned -- they just haven't said one is not planned after some amount of irritating console time.

If you happen to have a link handy to an official "we will support the PC" statement, that would be appreciated. No worries if not, though.

Flatfingers wrote:The PS4 exclusivity was announced before the Great Flood, I believe.

Also, I haven't seen a NMS developer explicitly state that a PC version is planned -- they just haven't said one is not planned after some amount of irritating console time.

If you happen to have a link handy to an official "we will support the PC" statement, that would be appreciated. No worries if not, though.
http://gamingbolt.com/hello-games-we-ar ... n-xbox-one
http://www.giantbomb.com/no-mans-sky/3030-44656/

Thanks for the links.

I'll just point out that the short GamingBolt story did not quote the developers about a PC release.

And the GiantBomb story said only this:
It will debut on PlayStation 4. No other platforms are confirmed at this stage. Hello Games acknowledge they are, "super interested," to release on PC.
In all fairness, it's hard to read that as a definite "yes, we're making a PC version."

I'll be happy if they do make a version for the PC (though less so if it's delayed after the PS4 version). I'm just not going to get excited until a clear statement from the developers about that has been made.

Online Now