No Man's Sky

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: No Man's Sky

Postby Victor Tombs » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:33 am

Ringu wrote:Victor, you must have a seriously impressive collection of limited, physical stuff now - do you display these pieces, or (as I suspect) are they all on bookshelves and in cupboards, still sealed?

I've been collecting since the early 60's, Ringu, and it's fair to say it's an impressive collection of collections. :D To me it's not a collection if you don't have the physical stuff, digital products don't do anything for me and they are worthless in my world. Most of it is warehoused but I do keep quite a bit of it close at hand. Yes, there are lots of leather books on shelves and cupboards stuffed with treasures. And you're right there is a mountain of sealed material...sometimes it's just down to the fact that I haven't had time to do anything with it. :oops:

Ringu wrote:Personally, I have an extensive collection of DVDs and Blu-Rays which line the walls of my flat, and my game boxes and items are on the bookshelves along with the DVD physical items and so on. I'd love to have the space to display them, but too much stuff...

I know the problem well. *chuckle* My biggest headache is storing empty boxes belonging to statues on display, I can't flatten them because of the packing pieces.....and then there are the full sized diorama pieces. :angel:

All true collectors are obsessive, Ringu....and maybe a little crazy. :lol:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby BFett » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Victor, would it be possible for you to share a few pictures of your collection, possibly just the space themed items if it is too vast. I and others would likely enjoy seeing some rare items of interest.

I of course have to ask if you have any Star Wars collectables.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby Ringu » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:31 pm

BFett wrote:Victor, would it be possible for you to share a few pictures of your collection, possibly just the space themed items if it is too vast. I and others would likely enjoy seeing some rare items of interest.

And, uhh, tell us where you live, and leave your security alarms off for, ooh, say, a couple of hours tomorrow night...?

Why?

Uhh, so we can... clean... your things...?
:angel:
--
Mind The Gap
Ringu
Commander

Postby Victor Tombs » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Ringu wrote:
BFett wrote:Victor, would it be possible for you to share a few pictures of your collection, possibly just the space themed items if it is too vast. I and others would likely enjoy seeing some rare items of interest.

And, uhh, tell us where you live, and leave your security alarms off for, ooh, say, a couple of hours tomorrow night...?

Why?

Uhh, so we can... clean... your things...?
:angel:

I'm afraid I'm not allowed to do as you ask, BFett. My insurance contains clauses that strictly forbid me from advertising the content of my collections. It's a sweet deal for me as I have managed to negotiate a much reduced annual payment. I can tell you that there is very little relating to Star Wars. I enjoy the films but I've never been interested in the collectibles. :)

*chuckle* I think you understand the problems a serious collector faces, Ringu. :angel:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby BFett » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Oh alright, sorry if I appeared slightly creepy :roll: . Well that's a pretty sweet insurance deal, I never thought something like that could exist.
BFett
Vice Admiral

Postby Victor Tombs » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 pm

BFett wrote:Oh alright, sorry if I appeared slightly creepy :roll: .

That thought never crossed my mind, BFett. ;) :angel:
Victor Tombs
Elder Council Member

Postby Ringu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:31 am

Victor Tombs wrote:
BFett wrote:Oh alright, sorry if I appeared slightly creepy :roll: .

That thought never crossed my mind, BFett. ;) :angel:

Just wanted to clarify that I didn't think that either - I guessed that such a large collection would have security issues and was just (trying) being funny.

I would love to know more about it but I don't want to be more OT than we already are :-)
--
Mind The Gap
Ringu
Commander

Postby Arclite » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:57 am

This game is due for another patch...
Arclite
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:41 am

Arclite wrote:This game is due for another patch...

Linkysource?
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Postby Prehm » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Anyone looking forward to this?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... -mans-sky/

Could be interesting, esp from a developers point of view, or for people who like to look behind the curtains.. Like most of us I guess :)
Prehm
Ensign

Postby Silverware » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Prehm wrote:Anyone looking forward to this?

Could be interesting, esp from a developers point of view, or for people who like to look behind the curtains.. Like most of us I guess :)

I am looking forward to him getting assaulted at GDC. Yes :thumbup:
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby Mistycica » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:50 am

Prehm wrote:Anyone looking forward to this?

Those comments missing the point so comically :D Seriously, do people honestly think proc gen as 'this amazing technology' was invented by Sean Murray?
panic
Mistycica
Captain

Postby Prehm » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:16 am

Well ofc hello games is by far not the first company to use that tech and despite their game being not that great, I think they put a lot of effort in exploring the field. I'm not a big fan of the game either though at its current state.. Still curious to see if they'll just turn it into the average base-Build-survival-crafting Type of Game of or they try to stick to their promises.
Prehm
Ensign

Postby Damocles » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:36 am

The oldest game, that used a huge realtime 3D procedural landscape (that i can remember) was an Amiga game called "Midwinter".

The tech is quite old already.
Damocles
Lieutenant Commander

Postby HowSerendipitous » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:06 pm

HowSerendipitous
Vice Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Games