Return to “Games”

Re: No Man's Sky

Ringu wrote:Victor, you must have a seriously impressive collection of limited, physical stuff now - do you display these pieces, or (as I suspect) are they all on bookshelves and in cupboards, still sealed?
I've been collecting since the early 60's, Ringu, and it's fair to say it's an impressive collection of collections. :D To me it's not a collection if you don't have the physical stuff, digital products don't do anything for me and they are worthless in my world. Most of it is warehoused but I do keep quite a bit of it close at hand. Yes, there are lots of leather books on shelves and cupboards stuffed with treasures. And you're right there is a mountain of sealed material...sometimes it's just down to the fact that I haven't had time to do anything with it. :oops:
Ringu wrote:Personally, I have an extensive collection of DVDs and Blu-Rays which line the walls of my flat, and my game boxes and items are on the bookshelves along with the DVD physical items and so on. I'd love to have the space to display them, but too much stuff...
I know the problem well. *chuckle* My biggest headache is storing empty boxes belonging to statues on display, I can't flatten them because of the packing pieces.....and then there are the full sized diorama pieces. :angel:

All true collectors are obsessive, Ringu....and maybe a little crazy. :lol:

BFett wrote:Victor, would it be possible for you to share a few pictures of your collection, possibly just the space themed items if it is too vast. I and others would likely enjoy seeing some rare items of interest.

I of course have to ask if you have any Star Wars collectables.
And, uhh, tell us where you live, and leave your security alarms off for, ooh, say, a couple of hours tomorrow night...?

Why?

Uhh, so we can... clean... your things...?
:angel:
--
Mind The Gap

Ringu wrote:
BFett wrote:Victor, would it be possible for you to share a few pictures of your collection, possibly just the space themed items if it is too vast. I and others would likely enjoy seeing some rare items of interest.

I of course have to ask if you have any Star Wars collectables.
And, uhh, tell us where you live, and leave your security alarms off for, ooh, say, a couple of hours tomorrow night...?

Why?

Uhh, so we can... clean... your things...?
:angel:
I'm afraid I'm not allowed to do as you ask, BFett. My insurance contains clauses that strictly forbid me from advertising the content of my collections. It's a sweet deal for me as I have managed to negotiate a much reduced annual payment. I can tell you that there is very little relating to Star Wars. I enjoy the films but I've never been interested in the collectibles. :)

*chuckle* I think you understand the problems a serious collector faces, Ringu. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
BFett wrote:Oh alright, sorry if I appeared slightly creepy :roll: .
That thought never crossed my mind, BFett. ;) :angel:
Just wanted to clarify that I didn't think that either - I guessed that such a large collection would have security issues and was just (trying) being funny.

I would love to know more about it but I don't want to be more OT than we already are :-)
--
Mind The Gap

Prehm wrote:Anyone looking forward to this?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... -mans-sky/

Could be interesting, esp from a developers point of view, or for people who like to look behind the curtains.. Like most of us I guess :)
I am looking forward to him getting assaulted at GDC. Yes :thumbup:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Well ofc hello games is by far not the first company to use that tech and despite their game being not that great, I think they put a lot of effort in exploring the field. I'm not a big fan of the game either though at its current state.. Still curious to see if they'll just turn it into the average base-Build-survival-crafting Type of Game of or they try to stick to their promises.

Online Now