Return to “Games”

Re: No Man's Sky

Well, i think people will give them a second chance, but if this doesn't turn out fantastic, they won't get a 3rd. I'll wait and see.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Thanks for the links, gentlemen. I must admit I haven't been paying close attention to the goings-on at Hello Games lately. I never regretted purchasing the Explorer version of the game as the diecast model ship made up for any disappointment I suffered from the game. :)

I must say that the new trailer for the latest update looks impressive to me. Maybe one day I will find the time to fire up the game and actually experience all the major and minor updates which have been implemented since I last played. :angel:

I haven't been playing for a while. The third person camera seems promising, at least for walking around and always you can walk in a relaxed way. (I just can't play games if running is the only available speed.) On spaceships however is not clear from the trailer if you can move the camera around. That was my main problem with the original NMS videos and it was fixed. If you can't look around I supposed I will have to keep using first person for spaceships. :)

On the other hand, I haven't seen anything new regarding gameplay or aesthetics. Spaceships and ground vehicles still look the same so mods may be required to change their appearance. The planets may or may not have changes. I hope they fix the problem of difficult terrain for ground vehicles, as planets weren't designed with wheels in mind. Another good addition would be dynamic depth of field, which makes the game amazing to look at with ReShade but at a significant performance cost.
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:10 pm
I haven't been playing for a while. The third person camera seems promising, at least for walking around and always you can walk in a relaxed way. (I just can't play games if running is the only available speed.) On spaceships however is not clear from the trailer if you can move the camera around. That was my main problem with the original NMS videos and it was fixed. If you can't look around I supposed I will have to keep using first person for spaceships. :)

On the other hand, I haven't seen anything new regarding gameplay or aesthetics. Spaceships and ground vehicles still look the same so mods may be required to change their appearance. The planets may or may not have changes. I hope they fix the problem of difficult terrain for ground vehicles, as planets weren't designed with wheels in mind. Another good addition would be dynamic depth of field, which makes the game amazing to look at with ReShade but at a significant performance cost.
They've added significantly new details to ships. Plus all the graphics have been enhanced.
Patch Notes: https://www.nomanssky.com/next-update/

Thanks, Wizaerd, for the link. I hope they "fix" asteroids, and make them less frequent.

I'm not interested in a multiplayer game, but it still may be something in there worth playing. :)
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now