Return to “Games”

Re: No Man's Sky

TGS wrote:
12? Did they seriously push it back again?

ffs...

At least it's not a long push back but still there is no reason for them to keep pushing it back, they could release it then patch it like every other bloody developer does.
Only for the PC version.
PS and other versions are released from the 9th.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Victor Tombs wrote:
FormalMoss wrote:Only for the PC version.
PS and other versions are released from the 9th.
The PC version is the only one that matters. *chuckle*
Na I play PS4 for most recent releases, cheaper than a PC here in NZ. (by like 3-4 times)
And yeah, that seems to be the case. (checked today)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

From the sounds of it they pushed back the PC release so it could launch with that day one update they were working on. Apparently it already has new features and stuff and the delay was due to a distribution issue. So although its disappointing, it should be for the best. And at least we still get it in time for the weekend!!

It has been showing as 12 Aug on steam for me for about 2 weeks or so already and their website has had this on for a while as well.
No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated galaxy, coming to PS4 on August 9th in North America and August 10th in Europe, and on PC worldwide on August 12th.

Prack wrote:It has been showing as 12 Aug on steam for me for about 2 weeks or so already and their website has had this on for a while as well.
No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated galaxy, coming to PS4 on August 9th in North America and August 10th in Europe, and on PC worldwide on August 12th.
Mh, the release date on steam was depending on your location, for me it used to read 10th just before the "official" tweet. Judging from the whining and bitching going on about it on the steam forums, it seems they only recently updated with the 12th worldwide. *shrugs*

Kid's these days. If they're acting like this about a 2 day delay of a video game, I'd hate to see how they'll deal with having real problems.

-Hardenberg

P.S.: Anybody got an idea regarding next weekend's cooking? I'm SO not in the mood for staying in the kitchen too long, and could use some suggestions on something quick and satisfying. :D
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Almost three years to the initial reveal, this still looks like a Noctis successor to me, and little more than that. Which is good for LT if (and when) it does, eventually, come out: I'll be happy with my neo-Noctis to the extent that it does not encroach on my future neo-Freelancer. :) I have it pre-ordered and will be playing on release day, hopefully.

IronDuke wrote:
Hardenberg wrote: P.S.: Anybody got an idea regarding next weekend's cooking? I'm SO not in the mood for staying in the kitchen too long, and could use some suggestions on something quick and satisfying. :D
Sandwiches.

--IronDuke
Bacon and Cheese. :twisted: :ghost:

No, I don't intend to eliminate you with the power of Sodium and Cholesterol, why do you ask? :shifty: :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
IronDuke wrote:
Hardenberg wrote: P.S.: Anybody got an idea regarding next weekend's cooking? I'm SO not in the mood for staying in the kitchen too long, and could use some suggestions on something quick and satisfying. :D
Sandwiches.

--IronDuke
Bacon and Cheese. :twisted: :ghost:

No, I don't intend to eliminate you with the power of Sodium and Cholesterol, why do you ask? :shifty: :ghost:
Oh well, here's the blueprint so far:

That's no Moon...

aka "Sandwiches for an Infinite Universe"

Ingredients:
2 full-sized flatbreads (about 500g each)
1000g turkey breast (roastbeef is also nice, but a lot harder to prepare and slice properly)
4-6 tomatoes
1 small lettuce, iceberg or butterhead
2 packs of bacon strips - approximately 200g
1 cup of creme fraiche
Butter or Mayonnaise
Hot Mustard
Maggi Seasoning (soy sauce can be substituted, but it's just not the same)
Herbes de Provence
Pepper
Garlic

Preparation:
Season the turkey breast with pepper, garlic and a generous dash of Maggi Seasoning. Roast for about 75-90 Minutes at 180°C. Leave to cool. Ideally, we want that bad boy to be slightly warm.

Prepare the sauce:
Mix 3-4 tablespoons of the hot mustard with the creme fraiche. Season to taste with garlic, herbs de provence, pepper and maggi seasoning. We're going for "Smooth taste with harsh mustard bite and an aftertaste of umami" here. Put the sauce in the fridge until the roast is ready, that'll also take a bit off the edge of the mustard.

Toast the flatbreads for about 5-7 Minutes each.
While you're waiting for the breads, fry the bacon strips.
While you're waiting for the bread to cool down to a point where you can handle it, chop or tear the salad and slice the tomatoes.

Slice the flatbreads horizontally. Spread the lower disks with butter. You can use mayonnaise if you really need to, which is easier to spread.
Cover the lower disks with a layer of lettuce.
Slice the turkey breast, cover the salad layer with slices of turkey. Don't slice it too thin, and don't be stingy with it, either.
Distribute the tomato slices across the turkey layer.
Arrange the bacon strips in an asterisk-shape on top of the last layer. *
Slather generously with the sauce.
Put the flatbread "lids" on top of this.

You're technically done at this point, staring in awe at the two artificial moons of Hardenberg Prime, Cholestera and Caloria.

However, I suggest that you pull an Obi-Wan on them:
Using a sharp knife, slice each sandwich bread into quarters or eighths. They're a lot easier to eat that way, even though it ruins the visual impact.

Feeds about 4 real men, or supposedly 8 "normal" people. The full "Twin Moon" package should keep an explorer going for about 2 days.

-Hardenberg
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Online Now