Return to “Games”

Re: F2P space sims

tricky one, not sure if there are any F2P MMOs

but if you are talking about SP games, well you could check out this list

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-free-spa ... -os-linux/

I say freespace 2 open is very good, can't remember if you need the disks or not, but its possible to play FS1 (and you dont need the disks for that) plus a few other mods, for a game, and combat wise, (and updated graphics and other stuff) its a great game,

as for MMO's I don't there their are any?

shark22 wrote:If anyone knows any good F2P space sims post them here
I've been keeping en eye on space games for many years but I don't know any space sims period - free or otherwise - other than Space Shuttle Simulator and Orbiter.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

I thought you needed the files, been a while since I last played the game, but you can play FS1 without owning it, as they got a mod that you can install inside the open installer, but its been a while, I need to take another look at it, but FS2 is a real classic, but owning FS2 is a must, but the improved engine is even better, and makes a few changes, plus it has support for a few mods too

Hi,

Here my first reply in this forum :)

have you tried the game Shores of Hazeron ? This game is about space exploration and domination. It's a massively multiplayer and free by now. It's in an alpha version, but still playable.

You start as a single character (that can be human or other) in a habitable planet. The animals in this planet can't hurt you until you founded a city. Then, you begin to get population, ressources management, mining, farming, breeding, technology improvement and then, you can start you journey in space. Colonize your first moon and then an other planet in your solar system.

Very fun ! It's a MMO, but in many hours of gameplay, I've never met any other player by "accident".

Here's the address : http://www.hazeron.com/

farnwago wrote:Hi,

Here my first reply in this forum :)

have you tried the game Shores of Hazeron ? This game is about space exploration and domination. It's a massively multiplayer and free by now. It's in an alpha version, but still playable.

You start as a single character (that can be human or other) in a habitable planet. The animals in this planet can't hurt you until you founded a city. Then, you begin to get population, ressources management, mining, farming, breeding, technology improvement and then, you can start you journey in space. Colonize your first moon and then an other planet in your solar system.

Very fun ! It's a MMO, but in many hours of gameplay, I've never met any other player by "accident".

Here's the address : http://www.hazeron.com/
I forgot to say : You can design your own spaceship and space station in this game.

Online Now