Return to “Games”

RimWorld

Here's another Kickstarter like the addict I am. :(

This one is about a sci-fi colony builder sim where the main feature is the dynamic AI storyteller. This AI storyteller will be introducing disasters, pirates, random events, etc. throughout your game to make it continuously interesting but there are other options to the AI to make things easier/harder for your desired play style. It's already reached their goal but I thought I'd just throw it out here for anyone who are interested. :D

:arrow: RimWorld

In Josh we trust.
Re: RimWorld

That explains why it has some reminiscent feelings of Prison Architect; he worked on that game too!

This is DEFINITELY relevant to my interests.

Also, am I the only one who first read RimWorld and though "Is BlackBerry making a game?" :lol: :lol:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Quill18 over at YouTube has done an excellent playthrough on the current pre-alpha. After watching it, I am even more excited about this game. The degree to which it has already been developed and is already apparently 'playable' is staggering and rather unheard of for Kickstarter. Also worth noting that while it looks very 'Prison Architect'-ish, these are just placeholder graphics. The campaign, from what I understand, is primarily to afford graphics and sound. I really respect the gentleman behind it for not throwing wild and crazy stretch goals out there. He's taking a more measured, realistic, and most importantly efficient and 'get it released fast' approach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBp-kl7xL-4

One thing really stands out for me in this campaign is the devs honesty,also like the modular choices for future expansions reminded me of Lars the dev from Frontiers when backers could submit ideas for future features and then 25 were selected and 3 voted on,that showed real class I think that is a reason this is flying now same approach getting great results.

DWMagus wrote:That explains why it has some reminiscent feelings of Prison Architect; he worked on that game too!
IIRC he asked for guidance from PA's art guru and received some help and tips, thus the similarity. :D

I really hope the art style won't be drastically changed, despite the intent of the Kickstarter; I like it how it is... :(
In Josh we trust.

I've watched some more stuff, and this game is probably one I'd enjoy... BUT...
The lowest tier on KS that gets me the game is 20$. I don't think the game will be a lot more expensive on steam. So, I might as well wait for the game to be completed and reviewed, and pick it up when it's on sale.
Sure, if you want to play with it *now*, it might be worth the 30$, but then you'd have the same amount of sandwich as that doublefine game.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now