Return to “Games”

Re: RimWorld

I spent several minutes poking around their site looking for trial versions in a section called the bay before realizing what you meant, Silver :oops:

I'll definitely be checking this out as soon as I get to a more trusted Wifi connection!

cuisinart8 wrote:I spent several minutes poking around their site looking for trial versions in a section called the bay before realizing what you meant, Silver :oops:

I'll definitely be checking this out as soon as I get to a more trusted Wifi connection!
Hahaha. Honestly the game is great, I can highly reccomend just buying it on steam when it releases.
You won't be disapointed. :thumbup:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

cuisinart8 wrote:It's already on my wishlist, as I too like the idea of DF but find the interface rather off-putting. However, since Rimworld is 30 bucks, I want to test-drive it first, and I find their lack of demos...disturbing :ghost:
Drop by the IRC :), we can talk about the game... :P
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Silverware wrote:
cuisinart8 wrote:It's already on my wishlist, as I too like the idea of DF but find the interface rather off-putting. However, since Rimworld is 30 bucks, I want to test-drive it first, and I find their lack of demos...disturbing :ghost:
Talking about the game, I find, is one of the best ways of learning whether or not it's worth a buy.... :ghost:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Talking about the game, I find, is one of the best ways of learning whether or not it's worth a buy.... :ghost:
You have definitly done your share of "talking" about the game Talvieno. :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Talvieno wrote:I certainly learned it was worth a buy, too.
Now if only you had some form of income to buy the game with... oh wait. :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

This has nothing to do with whether or not Rimworld is a good game, but one time a lone raider showed up to attack my colony, and there also happened to be an angry turtle in that corner of the map, so the raider got into a fight with the turtle and he died. That turtle saved my colony, and none of my colonists even had to know they were being attacked. Thanks, turtle.

So I take that back, this post has everything to do with Rimworld being a good game. :thumbup:

Aiha wrote:This has nothing to do with whether or not Rimworld is a good game, but one time a lone raider showed up to attack my colony, and there also happened to be an angry turtle in that corner of the map, so the raider got into a fight with the turtle and he died. That turtle saved my colony, and none of my colonists even had to know they were being attacked. Thanks, turtle.

So I take that back, this post has everything to do with Rimworld being a good game. :thumbup:
What keeps me coming back here (in part) is the thought that Limit Theory may be all about stories just like this one.

:thumbup:

Flatfingers wrote:
Aiha wrote:This has nothing to do with whether or not Rimworld is a good game, but one time a lone raider showed up to attack my colony, and there also happened to be an angry turtle in that corner of the map, so the raider got into a fight with the turtle and he died. That turtle saved my colony, and none of my colonists even had to know they were being attacked. Thanks, turtle.

What keeps me coming back here (in part) is the thought that Limit Theory may be all about stories just like this one.

:thumbup:
Me too, actually, in my head a more serious draft of that post was going to be about how that is the kind of fun I want LT to have as well. (Not that that story is the best example of player influence, since it happened on its own... it was good enough to make me drop everything and laugh for a few minutes though.)

Online Now