Return to “Games”

Re: RimWorld

Charley_Deallus wrote:
Silverware wrote:Then you count as Rimworld's target market :D
I would prefer it on steam too ._. but who knows when that might be? Even though it is greenlit.
"Soon" (tm).
I think if you buy now you eventually do get the steam key.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:
Silverware wrote:Then you count as Rimworld's target market :D
I would prefer it on steam too ._. but who knows when that might be? Even though it is greenlit.
"Soon" (tm).
I think if you buy now you eventually do get the steam key.
I think that backers on KS would get a key. Not sure if you buy now that you would get one. I'll wait and watch. $30 just seems a bit steep right now for an alpha game. If I had only backed...(but I was poorer then...poorer? More poor?)
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:--stuff--
Poorer...

But eh, I enjoy it, you could just get a "trial" version from the bay. :P
I am fairly sure that would make you want to pay for it.
The bay updates slowly, so you end up a version or two behind at times, which was frustrating enough for me to just buy it. :D (once I had actual money for once)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Silverware wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:--stuff--
Poorer...

But eh, I enjoy it, you could just get a "trial" version from the bay. :P
I am fairly sure that would make you want to pay for it.
The bay updates slowly, so you end up a version or two behind at times, which was frustrating enough for me to just buy it. :D (once I had actual money for once)
I actually did that before you mentioned that :p version 11. I like it a lot. Quite a bit actually. I definitely pledge that once it is on steam, I will pay them what they deserve. Definitely wishing I could train animals ;D
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Alpha 13 - Trapped With Your Ex

Family stuff (and animal-colonist bonds and starting fights because I don't like your face! and prison breaks and giant bug infestations in the mines).
Yep. Not yet past marriages and marriage parties (sweet! :thumbup: ) & lovin' to the much anticipated making of monster-slayer babies and RimWorld childcare schemes. Not yet, but they're close.

And so Blitz has begun a new series, of course. Yay! :D
I'm with you, Charley. This one's got a priority slot reserved for it on my Steam wishlist.

Forgot to mention a few things of interest:
- colonists have a fight or flight (or be stupid, if you so desire) toggle for more sensible reactions to threat situations: less micromanagement of idiots required
- new firefighting tool that can be triggered automatically and makes a big mess
- reworked the tech progression (basically autodoors & turrets and the like aren't as simple as 'slap metal together' anymore); more wood burning stuff both as power generation and to do some work without electricity
- predators hunt & eat smaller critters when hungry (or hunt colonists. They can do that too), scavengers scavenge ie. nibble parts off of corpses
- character records (per colonist stat sheet: time spent in bed, number of mental breaks, total volume of vomit spewed.. that sort of thing)
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

This is an amazing update, been playing it and DAMN it's like an entirely different game. The pawns seem to actually work now rather than just idling around eating food and dying.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

I forgot to mention an important change!
  • Ground-traveling trade caravans from other factions
..and most visitor groups (from what I've seen in let's plays) will include a trade representative interested in buying a few things from you.
The trade beacon/comms system is still in place, but much of the trade activity has been shifted to the horizontal in order to give further incentive to be friendly with neighbours.

also:
Spoiler:      SHOW
  • The year is now split into seasons instead of months.
Like Stardew Valley! :D
  • Colonists can now visit sick people in bed to cheer them up
  • Sick people in bed can now watch TV
Serious sickness --not to mention gruesome injury and major surjery-- is common on the Rim (it's a popular tool for spicing up the story). :sick:
  • Richer tale recording and better art descriptions
:squirrel:
Talvieno wrote: :squirrel: Rimworld is awesome. :)
Woo Canadian game devs! Represent! :monkey: :clap:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Protip!
When hunting animals in a herd, bring your entire force, and wipe the entire herd out at once.
If you do not the chances of them going berserk and rampaging through your colony are greatly increased.

Sidenote.
Elephants were transplanted from Dwarf Fortress.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

BFett wrote:If any of you can verify that RimWorld is as good as DF, but also has a better interface I'd greatly appreciate it. I have heard a lot of good about DF but I couldn't quite get past the interface. If RimWorld does this then I may be a buyer.

Meet me in the IRC, I'll verfy this for you.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

BFett wrote:If any of you can verify that RimWorld is as good as DF, but also has a better interface I'd greatly appreciate it. I have heard a lot of good about DF but I couldn't quite get past the interface. If RimWorld does this then I may be a buyer.
Rimworld has the better interface, by far. In every conceivable way. There is no way that DF's interface is better.
Dwarf Fortress has the better detail, by far. In every conceivable way. There is no way that RimWorld's detail is better.

RimWorld, compared to DF, feels very watered down, in my opinion. But it's still very fun.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now