Return to “Games”

Re: Dwarf Fortress?

Toady & Threetoe appreciation time! What an inspiration these brothers are.
Dwarf Fortress is massive dream, and Tarn is no hot dog coder like Josh, but they've just.. persisted. Unassumingly, but almost supernaturally. And they've got results, very impressive progress.
Gives me warm fuzzies to think of it. :angel:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Speaking of VQ and DF, I think the biggest problem is how to actually render the game and make a UI that is intuitive that allows you to view what you need to and control it without making it complicated. Rendering 3D like that is easy, but in a way you can see things at a glance and act on it is tough.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

First embark: I have come to the conclusion that my Dwarfs are retarded. This might be a bit harder then I thought it would :ghost: .
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

I just realized: I've been playing like a beltway pansie. Well, no more of that! Everything gets set to maximum! If I die, I will have died besieged on all fronts, with no possible way out! :twisted:

Bring it. :twisted:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Online Now