Return to “Games”

Re: Dwarf Fortress?

Hooray new DF update! This one lets you interact with the hill forts and villages surrounding your fortress. If I remember right, this is the last major update before Toady starts working on the magic system - which I'm very excited about. :D Then, after the magic/mythology update, I believe he said that boats were next up on the agenda, and multi-tile creatures. That will be interesting. :D
Toady One wrote:There are now peaceful and not-so-peaceful ways of expanding your influence in the world. Once a site becomes linked to you (through prosperity or by conquest; you'll see a message), you can send a messenger there to request workers, or send dwarves from the fort out to such sites (from v-p). This only works on historical figures, so you might find you don't have off-site workers available at first, though some sites do have them. This release should also improve the issues dwarves were having with negative thoughts, and they can also now experience permanent changes in their personalities and intellectual values due to events in their lives.

Note: Insurrections were such a problem in sites that I had to turn them off for your fortress's holdings; we'll get back to that later. It wasn't even the insurrections, really; the dwarves were bailing on the occupation immediately because they were afraid of insurrections.

New stuff
  • Your civilization will send out groups to found sites near prosperous fortresses
  • Existing sites near prosperous fortresses will associate themselves to those fortresses
  • Added ability to take over sites and install administrators
  • Can view your new holdings from the 'c' screen
  • Can send workers off-site and send out messengers to request their return
  • Mulling over long-term memories can lead to shifts in intellectual values and personality changes

Major bug fixes
  • Fixed hauling route crash
  • Fixed problem causing county stage to be skipped in noble elevation
  • Stopped all visiting barons from being elevated along with your baron
  • Changed horror calculation from seeing a dead body
  • Stopped similar memories close in time from taking all the memory space
  • Stopped stuttering lag from repeated vegetation connectivity checks

Other bug fixes/tweaks
  • Camping refugees will be awake during the day now
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: Dwarf Fortress?

Toady's devlogs are excellent as usual (although I'm almost a month late with this one).
Toady One wrote:This week involved a lot of bug-fixing from last week, so there's not as much concrete progress to report. For instance, a human trading company called the Present Hall was wildly successful trading various leathers and bones for crafting, and eventually had enough clout to open a branch warehouse inside a dwarf fortress for the first time. Can't resist that draltha leather. This turned out to be a strategic error, as two short years later, a forgotten beast obliterated the fortress, the warehouse, and killed everyone inside. So, what's the correct response? Close the destroyed branch? No, no, you stimulate the (non-existent) economy by hiring local. Forgotten beast, you're the new (ruined) warehouse administrator, congratulations!
:lol:

Prack wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm
Yes I did want to start with a volcano, but this was not exactly what I had in mind
It's just 2 layers down.
That is a lovely embark spot and I envy you the creations you've likely built with it. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now