Return to “Games”

Re: Dwarf Fortress?

F4wk35 wrote:I'd need an idea for a megaproject first (Aside from ginormous underground tree farms :V)

And after the Idea i'd need wood! Brb, building a stockpile... :squirrel:
Build a steel (yes steel) cage into the volcano, and figure a way of slowly lowering it down, layer by layer. (or draining the volcano for long enough to build it up layer by layer.

get it strong, and pointy, and make the dorfs live in it.

Free heating. :thumbup:

Code: Select all

<+BMRX> Silver Invokes Lewdly Verbose Experiences Readily With Absurd Rectal Expeditions

It's been long enough since last I quoted Tarn, so here:
If your vision of dwarves is less about crafting in the mountains, and more about a lone dwarf descending from
the hills to attack a village with a pack of a dozen hounds, your vision is now a reality. That's how I tested it, anyway.
Five of the dogs were struck down, but the humans will now think twice about whatever it was they were thinking
about, that's for sure.
[...]
There are still a few issues (which I'm not going to handle for the first release). [..] if a baby is the lone survivor of a failed raid,
they will unerringly crawl back to your fortress all on their own. At least they are no longer active combatants.
Glad to see that the dwarf babes are still upholding their formidable reputation. :lol:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Toady One wrote:I set a lone dwarf to travel over to a dragon cave to recover a cotton chausse. The treasure had belonged to the humans, a favorite piece of clothing and now holy relic of their first nature priest, but the dragon had taken it almost a century earlier. So, hey, why not bring it to the fortress? Maybe give it back to the humans to improve relations, or failing a visit from them, keep it in a little museum in a display case for the dwarves to admire. Uzol, my questing dwarf, managed to sneak by the dragon, but found no chausse. So he decided to go barhopping to the east to see if he could pick up any signs -- that's all I was testing, the barhopping code. I didn't expect him to actually find a rumor, but he did. Apparently, a mercenary had gotten to the dragon cave two seasons earlier, and brought the chausse back to the human temple, to its rightful place.

Uzol had orders, though, and he followed them to the letter. He broke into the temple and brought me back the relic... now I guess I have a save if I want to test being invaded by angry humans.
I love the little unexpected things that happen in DF. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now