Return to “Games”

Re: Strike Vector

The shakycam was also the part I liked the least.

I think it added to the impact, but it was IMO (and I gather yours as well) way, way too excessive.

I don't know that I'd want it perfectly smooth. But that would be preferable to the crazy amount of shakage currently on display. (A slider would be even better.)

Here's hoping they can turn that down from 11 -- it's pretty amazing otherwise.

Looks amazing, but from the videos on the site, the sense of speed isn't conveyed that well. You see it zooming everywhere like a pod racer but in-game it looks like you're driving...a truck...laden with 40 tons of lead.

Wish they would consider some form of single-player though. Skirmish maps with little objectives against the AI (ala Counter-Strike) so you can have a little co-op thing going on the LAN. Still not a fan of multiplayer online... :think:
In Josh we trust.

Good news is that this will be a single purchase, and none of that F2P nonsense that seems to permeate the genre:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1375800352

That alone is worth the price of admission, if only to set an example.

Now, for the video, IMHO the excessively shaky cam is awful. I hope you can disable that or at least tone it down somewhat.
Also, the devs might want to consider rewording the kill messages...someone "wiping my ass" or "digging my buthole" does not quite mean what they think it does. :crazy:

Some form of singleplayer would probably also be a nice idea, and it it's only bot matches for training purposes. I effing *HATE* having to engage the most dangerous prey(TM) without having at least a solid grip on map layout, weapons and game mechanics.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

JoshParnell wrote:
Hardenberg wrote:the kill messages...someone "wiping my ass" or "digging my buthole" does not quite mean what they think it does. :crazy:
Wow...is that really in there?? :shock:
Sadly, yes. Check the video in HD, the messages are displayed and even include typos.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Online Now