Return to “Games”

Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Victor Tombs wrote: Agreed, Flat! :thumbup:

I said I wouldn't pre-order again but this is CD Projekt RED and Geralt of Rivia. So I immediately folded like the proverbial cheap suit. :oops: A beautiful Witcher 3 Collector's Edition is now safely reserved for moi. :D
I preordered on GoG as well. Super excited for this and also looking forward to more info on their Cyberpunk 2077 game in the future. For me CD Projekt RED has replaced Stardock as the marquee gamer-friendly developer with their DRM-free stance and all. (Stardock formerly had the Gamers Bill of Rights and such and led the charge but has since abandoned it to go Steam only)

Asmodai wrote:I preordered on GoG as well. Super excited for this and also looking forward to more info on their Cyberpunk 2077 game in the future. For me CD Projekt RED has replaced Stardock as the marquee gamer-friendly developer with their DRM-free stance and all. (Stardock formerly had the Gamers Bill of Rights and such and led the charge but has since abandoned it to go Steam only)
I've always done the same thing, Asmodai. :thumbup: One physical CE (so I get my box) and one digital version pre-ordered/ordered on GOG.com. I've been with them from the start and have always considered them to be worthy of support. My thoughts on CD Projekt RED have never changed. They are also at the top of my developer list.

And Cyberpunk 2077 is taking far too long for me. I played the trailer repeatedly when it was released, I even inflicted it on poor Josh. *chuckle*

Victor Tombs wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:I have learned not to look forward to most big-developer games. They make too many compromises. The Witcher 3 is one of the exceptions; this one, I expect to play and enjoy.
Agreed, Flat! :thumbup:

I said I wouldn't pre-order again but this is CD Projekt RED and Geralt of Rivia. So I immediately folded like the proverbial cheap suit. :oops: A beautiful Witcher 3 Collector's Edition is now safely reserved for moi. :D
Done! It would be churlish for me not to, seen as though I have the other two CEs. :twisted:

Victor Tombs wrote: And Cyberpunk 2077 is taking far too long for me. I played the trailer repeatedly when it was released, I even inflicted it on poor Josh. *chuckle*
Taking far too long??? I was under the impression it was their next title from the same team. Witcher 3 isn't even out yet so it will likely be a year or more after the Witcher 3 release before we get Cyberpunk 2077. Similar to how inXile is about to release Wasteland 2 and then their next title is Torment: Tides of Numenera.

HowSerendipitous wrote:Done! It would be churlish for me not to, seen as though I have the other two CEs.
Well done, my favourite red squirrel defender. I just knew you wouldn't pass on the chance to own such a remarkable box of goodies. The polystone statue can join my Bowen collection. I have a nice glass case ready for such an inspired piece. It looks like another big box, HowSerendipitous, I will have to move things around again come release date. :crazy:

Victor Tombs wrote:
HowSerendipitous wrote:Done! It would be churlish for me not to, seen as though I have the other two CEs.
Well done, my favourite red squirrel defender. I just knew you wouldn't pass on the chance to own such a remarkable box of goodies. The polystone statue can join my Bowen collection. I have a nice glass case ready for such an inspired piece. It looks like another big box, HowSerendipitous, I will have to move things around again come release date. :crazy:
Most of mine are in the loft at this point.
Gazz wrote:Eventually you'll have to put your boxes into boxes.

Boxception!
Well, Oblivion and Morrowind would fit into the Skyrim CE box..... :twisted:

Skyrat wrote:I was fine with the more structured experience offered in Witcher.
So was I, Skyrat. :thumbup: Some players were disappointed that it was more restrictive than TES games but I was engrossed by the unfolding storyline. The Witcher 3 will address many of the issues some players had with the earlier titles and, hopefully, retain the important parts of that structured experience. Namely, the storyline(s) which are far more riveting than those seen in TES games. :D

Welcome to the LT forums. :wave:

Well I'm drooling and then some over this having just getting Skyrim to look stunning with ENB injectors and have it running like liquid mercury on my new R9 290x Card as before it would have been going at a sluggish crawl ,it suddenly hit me maybe this game company will actually harness the power of The PC and there will be no need for ENB's and trying to optimise a archaic engine.

And from what I see of CD Projekt in the past this could be the game to finally get Ubisoft and those companies who think crappy ports are acceptable a kick up the arse,Witcher 3 biggest selling PC game of all time I really think so no DRM and optimised to the wazoo. :thumbup:

Victor Tombs wrote:
darker70 wrote:...running like liquid mercury on my new R9 290x Card...
:thumbup: That's a nice, expensive addition to your hardware collection, darker. I'm doing my best to ignore nice bits of kit like your card until next year. Obviously you are spending your lottery win wisely. ;) :mrgreen:
I bloody wish mate !!!

Nah just went feck it and had it on finance no interest 6 months deal,had to send first card back and lost 29 quid on admin charge,cause the bloody thing was too big for my case the guy at Overclockers got a bit over zealous and before I knew it had put my original purchase of graphics card and memory back on my card,at the time seemed a bit of a fopar on both our parts.

But the story has a happy ending originally the card was a Sapphire R9 290 OC Tri-X ,but last week had a text from Overclockers knocking 50 quid of the higher X version card Sweeeet :thumbup:
another bonus this card also came with the Radeon 3 game gold reward as the other was without the new promotion even sweeter,so new better card and now proper case cost the same as before so all in all had to wait for a bit longer for a new Corsair case to hit these shores but got a better card and a expensive bargain because of it. 8-)

Online Now