Return to “Games”

Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Lum wrote:A Cyberpunk game in TW3 style would be a beast. We can only hope... :ghost:
I remember telling Josh about Cyberpunk 2077 much earlier in the life of Limit Theory, Lum. Even linked the trailer for him. He wasn't as impressed with the trailer as I was but I'm sure it will be a beast of a game. :thumbup: :angel:

:shifty: I have been known to be wrong though. :oops:

I've just purchased The Witcher Enhanced Edition from GOG. I had enough money in my wallet from past "saving actions" to acquire it at the actual discounted price. And I've already have my modding machine working for it. They've made a good work solving problems and making it somewhat up to date (not at Skyrim level, of course). I'm looking forward to play it for the first time! :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Lum wrote:I've just purchased The Witcher Enhanced Edition from GOG. I had enough money in my wallet from past "saving actions" to acquire it at the actual discounted price. And I've already have my modding machine working for it. They've made a good work solving problems and making it somewhat up to date (not at Skyrim level, of course). I'm looking forward to play it for the first time! :ghost:
I'm happy for you, Lum, and I hope you enjoy your purchase. :thumbup: :D

You could certainly do a lot worse. ;)

Hey guys. I have a question for those of you that have finished the main storyline of TW3 and/or played the expansions.

I shamefully must admit that I never finished the main storyline. I guess I was sidetracked cleaning the map of markers... ehem. Anyway, Now that I acquired the expansions I wanted to end the main quests and then play the expansions but I did make a little research and it seems playing the expansions after finishing the main storyline feels odd to some people. Probably because the world reverts to a state prior to the ending of the game (whatever that may be). Since I didn't want to make too deeply a research (for obvious spoilerish reasons), maybe some of you can tell me if it makes some sense playing the expansions before ending the main quests or not. Geralt have enough level to start the expansions, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Without giving anything away, the ending to the main game is an ending of a kind. It's an excellent conclusion to The Witcher 3.

But I consider the true ending to all of The Witcher games to be the one in the Blood & Wine expansion. I found it tremendously satisfying.

So my advice would definitely be to finish the main game, then Hearts of Stone, and save Blood & Wine as the final outing with Geralt.

Thanks Flat, I'll do as you say. Amongst other things, because the main storyline seems to be rather... eh... in a rush.

On the other hand the eh... "subject"... should be dead by now if time should flow at normal speeds, so... that's that. But that's an open-world game for you. One can't hope to level up 30 levels, cleaning up the map of markers of all sort and hope at the same time that everyone wait for the hero to make the next step... :ghost:

Lum wrote:Thanks Flat, I'll do as you say. Amongst other things, because the main storyline seems to be rather... eh... in a rush.

On the other hand the eh... "subject"... should be dead by now if time should flow at normal speeds, so... that's that. But that's an open-world game for you. One can't hope to level up 30 levels, cleaning up the map of markers of all sort and hope at the same time that everyone wait for the hero to make the next step... :ghost:

Its not like you can clear the map after doing the main quest :ghost:
And forget all the markers in the water at skellige, 100% useless junk :P

Online Now