Return to “Games”

Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

DigitalDuck wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:As I said, I agree, it's silly. :problem:
(The only 64bit game I have at the moment is Minecraft, which does benefit from that because it runs out of memory otherwise. :ghost: )
I'm combatting this trend by making sure any game I make runs on my own incredibly shit laptop. :mrgreen:
Tsh. Real programmers can let it run on a Raspberry Pi.

[Disclaimer: this is a joke and no offense is meant]
:ghost:

If I ever get around to making any of the games in my head I will too (although since most of them are 2D that's not much of a challenge :lol: )
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Scytale wrote: And because of the idiotic superiority some pc gamers feel to consoles, we often end up with poorly optimised games.
errr... nope.

its because the devs only optimise for the 2 (TWO!) hardware setups that modern consoles are, and completely disregard all other hardware setups.

it may runs good on the custom AMD APU's that run them, and the shared RAM/VRAM they have.

they compile it a second time for standard OS, iron out any errors the compiler throws and thats all the "optimisation" the PC version gets.

all that in addition to the general dumbing down that games require compared to PC only games, due to the more limited specs.

the xbox one for example is outclassed by my 2 years older, middle class PC in almost any regard,
it has 2 more CPU cores, but all of them run at half the speed than my cores do.

and the graphics throughput is also limited, because the CPU and GPU share their memory.

the biggest problem is not "PC MASTER RACE" superiority bullshit, but plain simple one sided optimisation and disregard of the actual capabilities that modern desktop computers have.

the minimum specs of the witcher for example are coincidentally pretty similar to the specs of the xbox one/ps4...

it looks for me like CD project red squeezes every flop out of the consoles, and leaves the "juicy bits" for desktop PC's

Lum wrote:Watching Geralt or watching Triss? :think:
on that occasion i have to tell you a small anecdote of me playing witcher 2.

my girfriend was at my place, sitting behind me, reading a book and in the 4 hours i played witcher in front of her she managed too look up exactly twice, exactly in those 10 seconds where geralt had some fun with triss and another female i cant remember

:problem:

Dinosawer wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Dinosawer wrote: Tsh. Real programmers can let it run on a Raspberry Pi.

:ghost:
real programmers let their games run on printers :ghost:
Real programmers let their games run on oscilloscopes :ghost:
Dat comment section tho. :lol:

Crysis on a Difference Engine? :think:

Challenge accepted. :twisted:

Now, how does one make a Difference Engine? :?:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Cornflakes_91 wrote:victor: i also have it "preordered", kindof.my girlfriend gifted me a "coupon" for witcher 3 on christmas i wanted to postpone my next update until star citizen comes out, but the minimum specs for watching geralt are just out of my range
That's a nice Christmas gift, Cornflakes. :thumbup: Your girlfriend is definitely one to be treasured. ;) :)

I had the same idea about leaving my upgrade until we were nearer to release on Star Citizen but I've got the Collector's Edition of the Witcher 3 on order and I don't intend playing it on a PC with below par specs. I will just have to call it an "interim upgrade". I will give it a whirl on my current rig first though. :angel:

I've just ordered a glass case to house the Geralt polystone model. :D

Online Now