Return to “Games”

Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

So, I'm done! Well, not 100%, but almost. The main quests in B&B are behind me. I made the happy ending possible, so that's quite the achievement. All looked pretty doomed a couple of days back :ghost: I must collect some rewards from the camerlengo and hopefully be master of Gwent in this corner of the world. My all black grandmaster wolven gear looks so good on me, that I won't bother looking after all the other sets... or maybe in the future if I feel like it.

Flat, the ending is quite rewarding this way, you were right. I like it better than the ending in the main game. I wish both could be tied better, but in the end, with some "it's an open game, it can't everything be perfectly connected" and "forgetting some things here and there, everything else falls in the right place".

I must say, even an ending with Geralt looking at you with the smirk after the nice night with Regis at the cemetery would be great. The rest was just perfect.

Now... for the next playthrough: Heavy Gear and more Signs. It's decided :twisted:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

I'm really glad you were able to enjoy the B&W ending, Lum.

I was pretty sure that you would also appreciate it as a more satisfying wrap-up to Geralt's tale, and it sounds like that's what happened. :thumbup:

Now we just have to gently encourage Victor to allocate some time to the world of The Witcher 3, so that he can enjoy this, too. ;)

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 am
Witcher 3 is enormous. It's the largest game world I've ever seen with a comparable point-of-interest density, and by a very wide margin.
Importantly, it's not just that the world map itself is big.

CITIES are actually large, compared to the five huts (two of which have fake doors) that are called a "city" in other open-world games.

Even TW3 fakes it a bit with a lot of fake doors of its own. But it does at least try to make the general architecture pleasingly complex, and visibly much larger and more detailed than small settlements.

Indeed. Skyrim's "cities" are typically about 20-30 people in size (rough guess based on memory). I often wondered how they could call it a city, while I was in them, and wondered where they got their armies from to fight battles. Also it felt odd that the majority of the world's population were bandits to kill for XP. :lol: Not so in Witcher 3. The cities are still smallish compared to real life, but not so much that it's jarring.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now