Return to “Games”

Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Its not like you can clear the map after doing the main quest :ghost:
You can't? I mean, I cleared most of it, but some things are still there...
Cornflakes_91 wrote:And forget all the markers in the water at skellige, 100% useless junk :P
Oh yes, I know this. I always thought that those were just that side of too grindy for my taste. If I happen to sail nearby on my way to other location I can detour a little, but sailing for the sake of junk-collecting is really not my cup of tea.
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Actually... one of the expansions (Hearts of Stone, I believe) adds a different way of enhancing swords and armor.

Downside: it's freakin' expensive.

All those bits of tasty loot in the waters off Skellige command excellent prices, so it's worth doing the swimming to collect them. The hardest part is finding blacksmiths and armorers with enough coin to pay you for all your booty....

Yeah well, things get a little expensive over time. It's not like you're swimming on poverty, mind you, but it happens now and then that you want to buy something and simply don't have the coin. And that's because from start you have that notion that money won't never be a problem in the game. You loot and farm like a champion and you sell things and get coin without end. You have that feeling that buying something you need won't be an issue. But you don't know how, it really happens: you need more coin!
:lol:

Lum wrote:Yeah well, things get a little expensive over time. It's not like you're swimming on poverty, mind you, but it happens now and then that you want to buy something and simply don't have the coin. And that's because from start you have that notion that money won't never be a problem in the game. You loot and farm like a champion and you sell things and get coin without end. You have that feeling that buying something you need won't be an issue. But you don't know how, it really happens: you need more coin!
:lol:
Nicely said! Very accurate.

And it's possible to do this... right up to the point that all those siren-guarded loot barrels in the waters of Skellige are gone.

For me, that came right at the end of the entire game. But if someone else gets to that point sooner, when there are still things left to explore that require coin to access them, that could be frustrating.

Not sure how many people encounter that situation, though.

It happened two times to me. The first time with the coin needed to sail to Skellige and the second time when I wanted to purchase de best horse blinders in Novigrad. I know that those things aren't that expensive, but I didn't have the coin at the time and it pissed me off a little. Specially because less than an hour ago I had more than enough but decided to get shopping for whatever reason. Yes, even if I know for sure that looting in some quest and winning some races will do the trick. I can go out of patience pretty quickly sometimes *shrugs*. A ton of playtime later I almost had the third "not nuf coin, again!" moment. I was just this side of 3k in my wallet and this armorer had a beautiful, powerful and yet overexpensive armor. And for some reason good medium armors aren't that common. Or at least I think they're sort of less common than heavies and lighties. But this time I resisted the temptation to purchase the armor. And half an hour later I need the coin because I started collecting the grandmaster improvements... Now that is like selling your own organs in the black market.

Well, my completely Wolven-mastercrafted armed and armored Geralt completed yesterday evening the main TW3 plot. There's still a lot of loot around Skellige, but my finances aren't bad (50k more or less). This is the ending I've got:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Nilfgard conquered the North and Temeria is now a free-ish country under their ruling. Skellige has a brighter but less bully future with their new Queen Cerys an Craite. Ciri went to destroy the White Frost and came back. Geralt trolled the Emperor in Black and then Geralt gifted Ciri with a shiny new, stat-less silver sword, taught her everything he knew about witcher-stuff and went on pension. The extra free time he used to stay in bed with Yennefer, take long strolls and even longer conversations. Boring you say? Maybe, but that is all both wanted for themselves for a long, long time...

I missed some conclusion to Avallac'h part and what became of the other soceresses, specially Triss. But it was a good end in my eyes. Good stuff!

Lum, sorry if I'm not understanding fully, but are you talking about the ending of the main game, or of the Blood & Wine expansion DLC?

I can't say much without giving away something interesting that happens at the the end of Blood & Wine, but like I said previously, I actually found it much more satisfying as an ending for Geralt, and for the whole Witcher game series, than the ending of the main Witcher 3 game itself.

:oops: Although I have most of the physical stuff related to the game I still haven't found time to get engrossed in this chapter of Geralt's life. I intended giving it some of my attention over the festive season but those days were filled with more merriment than I've seen in several years. :angel:

Ah well, It's a new year and perhaps I will tire of Skyrim soon. ;)

Flatfingers wrote:Lum, sorry if I'm not understanding fully, but are you talking about the ending of the main game, or of the Blood & Wine expansion DLC?

I can't say much without giving away something interesting that happens at the the end of Blood & Wine, but like I said previously, I actually found it much more satisfying as an ending for Geralt, and for the whole Witcher game series, than the ending of the main Witcher 3 game itself.
I'm talking about the main game, FF. I completed a couple quests from HoS, that were near my position a couple of days ago, but I intend to play both DLCs now that the main game is over, as per your suggestion :) I found the ending of the main game very good. As said in the spoiler tag, one or two things would've be nice to hear about, but all in all was very good. I knew that some possible endings weren't in the cards anymore, since the choices I made were taken way, way back in the game. I'm still loading from my last manual save (before finishing the main game) and picking other dialogue choices, trying to get something different... we'll see.

I enjoyed Hearts of Stone very much. It is really short, but there are very good moments there. The game could use some more short stories like these in the future. It is really a shame that CDPR closed that option for the moment.

I'm already almost 10 hours in B&W and it is really awesome. A really beautiful place and very good main and side quests! I'm pleased that there is still so much to do, places to be, people to meet and things to do :D

Agreed in full on both counts.

It is such a pleasure to be able to praise a game and its developer. CD Projekt Red just keeps getting better at making games that are fun mechanically, support satisfying exploration, and frequently deliver moments of wonderful storytelling.

I can't even imagine how good Cyberpunk 2077 may be.

Online Now