Return to “Games”

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

For you Witcher fans out there I just saw this countdown.

http://thewitcher.com/killingmonsters/

This promises to be more open world than the previous titles.

Home Page:
http://www.thewitcher.com/

Looks like I need to wrap up any ongoing Kerbal missions. :D
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos
Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

It will be interesting to see whether the Witcher 3 will be able to out-skyrim Skyrim. So far, we've got open world, horses, beards, and snow. Lots of snow. Which are good things in my book. :D
What I hope is that the Witcher will add a lot of decisions with consequences (something severely lacking in most modern RPG titles), even if it only means that you decide who and what gets to bite you in the ass. :squirrel:
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

At first I was a bit hesitant about how restricted the Witcher was at first. But the more I played it the more I've grown to like it.
I like how the choices you make have an impact on the different factions. Something that The Elder Scrolls seemed to lose sight of with Oblivion and Skyrim. At least Morrowind got it right.
"Exploration and discovery is not an option we choose—it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation."
My KSP Videos

I am looking forward to The Witcher 3. It promises to be a real treat for all RPG fans.

Coming from the European side of the pond I appreciate the gritty unsanitized way this game series is presented. Real decisions with real consequences in a more open world is always a gameplay magnet for me.

I have a lot of respect for CD Projekt RED and the way they treat their fan base.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the third installment of Geralt's adventures.

I very much enjoyed the first game, and liked the second even though it felt too console-ified for me. To have that plus open-world... yes. Do want. :)

And then there's that Cyberpunk 2077. I don't know that anything can do today what Deus Ex did, but I think if anyone can come close, it's CD Projekt Red.

Dang it. More game prequels collecting dust on my hard drive that demands my attention! :o

At this rate I should probably vanish from the internet for a while to play ALL of them!

...and then emerging a few years later to find a new backlog of games to plow through. What a cruel life. :lol:
In Josh we trust.

TanC wrote:Dang it. More game prequels collecting dust on my hard drive that demands my attention! :o

At this rate I should probably vanish from the internet for a while to play ALL of them!

...and then emerging a few years later to find a new backlog of games to plow through. What a cruel life. :lol:
It is a problem the gamer must wrestle with on a daily basis TanC. Indeed the life of a true gamer is cursed with such distressing decisions. Be brave and never shirk your noble calling. :lol:

Victor Tombs wrote:
TanC wrote:Dang it. More game prequels collecting dust on my hard drive that demands my attention! :o

It is a problem the gamer must wrestle with on a daily basis TanC. Indeed the life of a true gamer is cursed with such distressing decisions. Be brave and never shirk your noble calling. :lol:

Discalimer this no way relates to Witcher 3 which looks freaking awesome,this is just random crap pouring from my brain relating to Victors reply !

I blame bloody Amazon how dare they give us these incredible games that I've dreamed about and thought no way in hell would these get made,the suits from the companies know better than the average gamer so of course they tell us quite rightly that a PC project will not be successful or economically viable.

And look at Star Citizen only now achieved a paltry 15 million !!!!and counting so yes they know much better than the person who would actually buy the game so I applaud Rockstar for not producing Red dead redemption and as we all know this would never break records if they did a Kickstarter as we are the customer and know no better. :P

Release date, complete with "I must play this Right Now" video: February 24, 2015.

I have learned not to look forward to most big-developer games. They make too many compromises. The Witcher 3 is one of the exceptions; this one, I expect to play and enjoy.

...but please, no annoying console-controller-specific minigames like the back-and-forth fight on the bridge near the start of The Witcher 2, please. Ecch.

I am curious what completely mental RPG skill-allocating system they'll invent for the third game, though. :) I'm hoping the progression to increasing depth continues, rather than suddenly simplifying to boringness as in the transition from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2.

Ah, personal taste.

Flatfingers wrote:I have learned not to look forward to most big-developer games. They make too many compromises. The Witcher 3 is one of the exceptions; this one, I expect to play and enjoy.
Agreed, Flat! :thumbup:

I said I wouldn't pre-order again but this is CD Projekt RED and Geralt of Rivia. So I immediately folded like the proverbial cheap suit. :oops: A beautiful Witcher 3 Collector's Edition is now safely reserved for moi. :D

Online Now