Return to “Games”

Routine

So, I didn't give this game much when I first saw it at Gamecom, but after seeing the gameplay trailer? :shock:

Routine
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Re: Routine

New stuff was posted, including a release date:

6 Minutes of Routine Gameplay

Routine Release Date Trailer

Release date was announced for March 2017, postponed it for a month or two more, because they say it's just not finished to every detail. They want to more on some more little details, but will release it soon.

:D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:6 Minutes of Routine Gameplay
That right there is a funny sentence, if you think about it.

At any rate, I love the '70s look, and it's very cool that they implemented a "lean" function.

But:
Q: What are you looking forward to when people finally play Routine?
A: I really want to see if the choices we have made with the design force people to care more about their actions rather than running around blindly thinking they can just reload the game.
Fair enough, and respect for stating it directly.

Financial consequences for that design decision are also fair. No save/reload, no sale. Every time I've broken that rule, I've regretted it. I won't knowingly break that rule again.

Flatfingers wrote: No save/reload, no sale.
I don't think this means permadeath rather than: When you die you gotta tart the chapter all over again. Or no free save like in "Alien: Isolation".

Or do you mean they implement permadeath? :o
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
I don't think this means permadeath rather than: When you die you gotta tart the chapter all over again. Or no free save like in "Alien: Isolation".

yes, and flat gets furious when he cant press F5 before a decision to be made.
I NEVER use quicksave. Actually, I love the system when you can only save when there are no enemies around. :lol:
Nothing to see here

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
JanB1 wrote:

He's not the only one. Be nice.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
JanB1 wrote:

Hey, you have fun your way, I have fun my way.

This is wrong how, exactly?

Online Now