Return to “Games”

Re: StarMade

These are the ugliest planets I have ever seen in a space game. :lol:
I crashed into one in a botched escape attempt from my second pirate wave. Nice to play a game wherein pancaking a planet is permitted. :P
I decided yesterday that, being that it's currently free, why not give this thing a whirl? :squirrel:
Quite fun and stable so far.
I'm curious to see how big one can go before the framerate chokes (it has held steady well over 60 so far).
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Talvieno wrote:Free? Doesn't look free to me...? Not sure where you're seeing that, unless it was a promotion that's already over.
Yeah, I could have supplied the details: they have a demo available during their alpha which doesn't withhold any content from the not-free version. :ghost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLhnts8Xd5Y <-- the RF-56P Tigerlily II :wtf: :squirrel:

Another Megaproject game! :D
My dream is a leviathan modeled to closely resemble the loverly Minnie Super-carrier,
but functioning as a battleship, with 2 main batteries as well as some fore and aft guns, all remote controlled, articulated, and retractable into the hull. :squirrel:

Eye candy:
Spoiler:      SHOW

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:I think Starmade would only be fun for me in multiplayer...and I hate multiplayer unless it would be with a few trusted people.
Then come to the IRC again and open up a server :ghost:

Or maybe kato wamts to host one :ghost:
I kind of ditched Kato on Starbound because of work and got burnt out >.> so I dunno what he is up to. :oops:
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

I just discovered the well-commented server.cfg file. Would it be a bad idea to increase ASTEROID_RADIUS_MAX, I wonder? ..for science purposes.. :shifty:

:squirrel: ..also:

Code: Select all

PHYSICS_LINEAR_DAMPING = 0.05 //how much object slow down naturally (must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no slowdown
PHYSICS_ROTATIONAL_DAMPING = 0.05 //how much object slow down naturally (must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no slowdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4TGR8G-fpI here's a good and recent let's play/tutorial series that is both entertaining and could be a big help with the learning curve. :thumbup:

Even the basic logic stuff was frying my brain until I got the idea to take the time to copy down the circuit I wanted from Bench's tutorials in crude flow chart form:

:geek:

Code: Select all

Simple pulse loop (for toggle-able weapon auto-fire):

Switch -> Not -> Or -> Not -> Delay -> Switch -> Output
                  ^----------------------'
First use was in the little repair vessel I built to heal Billy's grievous sunburns. Worked perfectly after fixing a power shortage. :D

Shotgun Billy totals in at 8,383 blocks. The salvage system accounts for 4,368 blocks including the slaved missile systems. Thrust to mass ratio of 1.8 isn't terrible, I guess.
I reckon the scanner is fairly useless greeble (seems either the design is ill-suited to singleplayer, or the implementation is bugged ..or both).
(still naked 'cuz I'm lazy when it comes to aesthetic design, and anyway extra mass is a serious liability in StarMade):

Online Now