Return to “Games”

0 A. D.

I know this game is a bit off from the usual things people have shared on LT forums but I've been following the development of this game for about a year now. http://play0ad.com/ It is a RTS set in the time period from 500 BC to 500 AD. There are at present dozens of scenarios pitting most of the civilizations known to the Mediterranean area against each other. Everything from your classical Greeks and Romans to the Indian sub continent and northern Europe and the British isles. The extensive sound track has been recorded using live musicians, and can be heard in it's entirety on their web site. It is currently in Alpha so there is a lot that still has to be implemented but even in it's current state, it's a fun and engaging game.
Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have seen, it seem to me most strange, that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.
Re: 0 A. D.

That was exactly the point behind the name. :lol: :thumbup:
Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have seen, it seem to me most strange, that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.
Re: 0 A. D.

I've never played Age of Empires. I've traditionally been a TBS man. Mostly because I'm pushing 56 and grew up playing board games. Played my first game of risk over 40 years ago. My most experience with RTS has been in the Railroad Tycoon series. I love trains, especially steam. There is another RTS in alpha I've been following called Unknown Horizons. http://www.unknown-horizons.org/ It's and age of discovery build your town on an island type game, though I like 0 A. D. better.

Online Now