Return to “Games”

Predestination

Predestination is a turn-based space 4X strategy game. Yes, I know, many of you supported the recently completed M.O.R.E. fundraiser. Furthermore Predestination has the ill fortune of having arrived on the scene during the run up to the Christmas holidays and right after many Kickstarter space sim fans have emptied their valets on the altar of Chris Roberts' Star Citizen.

Predestination is being developed by a small, incipient, developer in Northern Ireland. While I liked the slightly quirky video pitch for the game I was just as impressed by the group's desire to create a hub for game development in Northern Ireland. The funding goal for the game is quite modest, all the more so as the amount of content seems rich, and they have already defined a number of worthwhile stretch goals as well.

Recommendations, much like advice, are cheap and rarely taken - it appears that people like to discover wonderful things for themselves. Still, taking a few minutes to peruse the project costs nothing - in my case it saved me a few additional minutes of navel gazing - and who knows, if it appeals to you you may even decide to back it. And even if you do not, your presence will have at least generated a bit of much needed traffic for the fundraiser.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nyp ... ategy-game

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.
Re: Predestination

Backed before I even read this! I backed MORE too, but I feel both games are trying to bring new and revolutionary spins on the tried and true (though sorely neglected) 4X genre. I hope they keep up the great work and the engaging updates! As long as they do, I am confident that Predestination is predestined for full funding, ;)

Bumping this because they're down to their last 24 hours and though the project has been funded could still use some help to reach some stretch goals! Looks like a VERY solid 4x space game in the vein of Master of Orion. They're adding enough new features to make it well worthwhile (I especially like what they're doing with colonization and building up your planetary settlements), and most of all ... I think it deserves support because the developers were wise and enlightened enough to choose MY suggestion for the name of a race of sentient robots ;) I won a contest to name the suckers so yeah. Definitely a vested interest here but all bias aside, if you find yourself flush with Christmas cash and no other viable Kickstarter projects to invest it in, I greatly recommend Predestination! Even if I'm not a Calvinist. :lol:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nyp ... ategy-game

These folks had a great surge for the last hours of their Kickstarter. Made it to their top, $50k stretch goal and had a really excellent live-stream up on YouTube. A very enthusiastic bunch of developers and I think they're going to put out a great product in due time.
Predestination a turn based 4X game

The turn basd 4X game Predestination is nearing completion, and the designers have just added a 3D ship designer to the game. As the original game was funded by Kickstarter they have also gone with Kickstarter to fund the 3D element of the game (they have already reached the target, and are moving through the stretch goals)
As the game is being targeted for March release, I thought it may be something that folk may be interested in whilst awaiting the release of Limit Theory.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nyp ... ased-space

Online Now