Return to “Games”

Re: Leadwerks: Build Linux Games, on Linux (Kickstarter)

If they only need 20k and they have a successful game engine already, why do they need our help? I'm a little suspicious of that, it feels like they're using KS as a PR engine rather than a crowd funder. Regardless of that though I am in support of more gaming on Linux, more mainstream people use OpenGL might clean it up a little :D
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

JoshParnell wrote:I almost considered using this engine instead of learning how to do 3D engine programming way back in the day...it looked really nice, so I wish them the best :)
I am playing around with OpenGL right now and I have an embryo for a game engine in C++. However, I backed Leadwerks enough to get a licence for the C++ API because I want to get started on all my game ideas =). I am almost 36 years old with one kid (maybe one more soon ... 8-) ). I have one finished game in the pipe to be released (Not OpenGL). However, I have released that I need fast ways to explore ideas and Leadwerks looks like it could enable that for me.

The dream is to be a dad and a game programmer for the rest of my life. :ugeek:

Leadwerks has added some default procedural generation tools in the Leadwerks 3.1 terrain editor. The Leadworks KS update bellow actually includes a lot of details on how to get realistic procedural terrains:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/193 ... sts/553608

Also in an earlier Leadworks KS update they describe their Virtual Texture Terrain technology. It is a improved version of ID:s Mega Textures with a quite interesting way of adjusting texture resolution. Another teach detailed Leadworks KS update:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/193 ... sts/532834

Could maybe inspire LT planet terrain generation :D

On a side note. It looks like Leadworks could reach it's third stretch goal before the KS end.

Online Now