Return to “Games”

Grim Dawn ARPG (in alpha)

I not really posted much here recently, yes I have alpha access for limit theory, but while I was playing that for a bit, a new game has popped onto my playlist

http://www.grimdawn.com/index.php

This game while still in alpha, utter rocks, some of the people that made this game made Titan Quest, but also a few people came from the former 38 studios, as they went bust

the game uses the same engine as TQ, but its a far better game then TQ, TQ had a lot of flairs, unless you install the fan patches, as quite a few skills were broken

but anyway, a private arrangement between Crate and the people behind Iron Lore (which also got shut down) made it possible that some of the former members of Iron Lore could use the TQ engine

the game has been in development for over 3 and half years plus, probably more now, I backed it over 3 years ago, but anyway the game is now out in alpha, the alpha is a steam only release, (final game will be a DRM free copy as promised) its just easier for the only full time programmer on the team to concentrate on the game fully without having to setup a download system, and making sure everyone is up date

the game has been out for a few weeks now, and already shows a great deal f promise, the mastery system is very similar to TQ, at level two you choose you first mastery (3 of them are available in the alpha (solider occulitsit and demolitionist) then later you can choose another mastery, but you aren't forced too, but having duel masteries makes for some interesting build choices

this game has got me really hooked, you can the game still and have access to the alpha, (if you got the correct tier) but I think for an ARPG, it has a lot of things going for it, and right

also I have been promoted to internal playtester, so I can help to test builds before they go live, but I know publiclay they going to be a lot of changes coming,

it is a great game, music is awesome, and the game size is pretty big, with a lot of replay value,

just wanted to post about this game, as a heads up, been a long time coming but well wrth the wait IMO

so if you are an ARPG fan please check it out

Online Now