Return to “Games”

Van Helsing

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (Developer / Forum)

To me, that game is everything that Diablo 3 should have been... for a fraction of the price.

Slaying evil monsters (or good monsters, woops) collecting phat lewtz, uncomplicated tinkering / crafting system, awesome UI that doesn't skip over simple things like pointing out all the qualifier keys you can use to fast-equip,sell stuff, or split a stack of potions, a companion to provide opportunity to narrate the story through conversations (and talk smack), said companion can also be sent off to town to sell stuff or buy potions, skill trees for Van Helsing and the companion, skills that can be spiced with different flavours on the fly, depending on what kind of boosters you activate for them...

But the main point: It's fun.
Has an open-world feel to it where Diablo 3 is a corridor... hack&slasher?

Also has multiplayer but I haven't tried it. Probably never will.

You want to buy this game.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.
Re: Van Helsing

Glad I could make up your mind. =)

Considering that nowadays you're expected to pay €50 for the latest [insert regurgitated clone], this one's a steal.

You also get to broaden your range of abilities more quickly than in most games. Just the first tier of stuff has 4 skills and 12 boosters and you get more than one skill point per level.
Hate that initial phase of a game where all you can do is spam "the" skill.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.
Re: Van Helsing

Gazz wrote: You want to buy this game.
:shock:

Must... obey...

Co-op multiplayer? F--k yeah. Me and my wife love going through these games.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now