Return to “Games”

Morrowind

I'd love to revisit morrowind, but my archive of trusty mods got itself misplaced.
So, I'm looking for some helpful souls who could advise me, and help me with some download locations.

The first type of mod I'm looking for is character enhancement. Small plugins that just enhance the way the game is played. Like a mod that changes how leveling up works (I love skill based progress instead of just increasing some numbers). Other mods that fall in this category are also more than welcome, though I can't really think of any.

The second type is game enhancement. These are the texture packs, better heads, better bodies, etc. I've been looking for the better heads and better bodies mod, but all download links seem to be broken.
I'm also a big fan of mannequins so I can collect and display all armours.

I've noticed there are some bugfix mods. Which ones should I load? It's not clear to me if these mods are complementary or replace each other.

Lastly I'm open to anything that's a lore-friendly expansion to the game. A quest to get a player owned house. I'd love both small and huge houses, so I can feel I progressed.
I'm on the fence concerning mods like more creatures. While I love the addition of more and harder enemies, I'd like them to be within reason. Encountering giants between Balmora and Caldera just adds grind to the game, not a sense of real exploration. Though I don't mind punching mudcrabs for a day just to become strong enough to travel to Balmora on foot. :D
I like additions as extra shops/npcs with spiffy weapons. I'm also open to anything that expands the landmass in a reasonable and balanced way. I don't want to do a simple quest and be uber powerful immediately. :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Re: Morrowind

I believe there where 2 or 3 official expansion pack for morrowind...

also there is a huge mod called morrowind overhaull 3.0 out there that updates
all of the graphics, there also seems to be another huge one called Morrowind Rebirth 2.2 :mrgreen:
Last edited by N810 on Mon May 20, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

Tried this badboy? I think you need to sign up, but this is where I was getting my Skyrim mods yesterday, curiously enough.

Then the effing thing decided to download 10 gigs of files. <Expletive deleted>.

I must admit, didn't use too many Morrowind mods. The game was just that good :D But for my last playthrough, back in 2011 (it took me 8 years to complete it), I got the MGE. Standing on Red Mountain and looking over at Vivec was truly awe inspiring.

Alas, the screenshots are proving elusive (they're online somewhere, and my computer is around 35 miles away at the moment).... :roll:

Thanks!

I know the several mod sites, but I don't feel like sorting through 10.000 mods. I was really hoping for some specific suggestions. :)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Wow....

Heheh, in that case, Better Bodies + Rhedd's Heads for making characters look better. Think there was a hair one too that went with those. A friend of mine always swore by Marksman, but I laughed at him as I decapitated several more people with the Ice Blade of the Monarch. And don't forget the official addons, Firemoth, the Propylon thingy, etc etc. Should still be on Bethesda's website.

No idea about levelling ones :? Must admit, I really liked how Morrowind levelling worked. Yes, you could go where you liked, but you might run into someone who can beat you into a red paste. None of this monster levelling silliness. :twisted:

Yah, like N810's said, I do like to sort them by top mods... That'll get you what you need, more often than not.

For the past few days I've been working with the following list: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/115598 ... for-today/

There's a big problem with Planet Elder Scrolls. Fileplanet sponsored PES by hosting the files. But Fileplanet shut down, which lead to a huge collection of mods being lost.
A couple of months ago I tried collecting a bunch of morrowind mods again, and got hit in the face with above fact. Though it seems in the meantime PES has managed to retrieve a lot of mods again.

Still, if anyone has more suggestions, I welcome them all. :D

HowSerendipitous wrote:Wow....
Indeed!
HowSerendipitous wrote: Heheh, in that case, Better Bodies + Rhedd's Heads for making characters look better. Think there was a hair one too that went with those. A friend of mine always swore by Marksman, but I laughed at him as I decapitated several more people with the Ice Blade of the Monarch. And don't forget the official addons, Firemoth, the Propylon thingy, etc etc. Should still be on Bethesda's website.
I have the GOTY edition from Steam, I *think* the small DLC's are included in that one.
HowSerendipitous wrote: No idea about levelling ones :? Must admit, I really liked how Morrowind levelling worked. Yes, you could go where you liked, but you might run into someone who can beat you into a red paste. None of this monster levelling silliness. :twisted:
I like it when the stuff I'm doing changes my skills. Swordfighting should increase my swordfighting and strength, perhaps in a minor way increase agility and endurance. It can just go automatically for me, I don't require a numbers game to get the most multipliers. :D

Yeahhh now here is a topic that is near and dear to my heart :thumbup:
N810 wrote:I believe there where 2 or 3 official expansion pack for morrowind...

also there is a huge mod called morrowind overhaull 3.0 out there that updates
all of the graphics, there also seems to be another huge one called Morrowind Rebirth 2.2 :mrgreen:
Yes. This is the first place you need to start. As a long-time Morrowind mod connoisseur, believe me when I say that this is the single biggest and best mod out there at the moment. In one massive, several-gigabyte fell swoop, it yanks Morrowind out of 2002 and throws it firmly into 2013 with remarkable graphics improvements, all the latest and greatest bugfix & optimization patches, the script extender, the graphics extender, and a zillion other things (I think BB is included as well).

IMO it's really the only necessity anymore...I remember the days when I had at least 20 necessity mods that I needed to "enjoy" the game, nowadays I can play with just that one.

BUT. If you don't want to stop there, the "big" list is Telesphoros: http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm . I'll restrain myself from making recommendations on smaller mods. Personally I do not play with any char advancement modifiers, but I have heard that Galsiah's is the standard / best.

Oh, but I DID hear about this one amazing mod that lets you build up a farming empire, it's called The Farmer Mod and I've heard that it's probably the best thing ever :P You know, if you're into...farming... :D

Enjoy yourself and please say hello to Vvardenfell for me!!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Thanks! This was the kind of feedback I was hoping for! :D

The farmer's mod sounds like it would go along nicely with necessities of Morrowind. I always welcome more factions, specially if they're fleshed out a bit. Seems like your plugin does just that. :D

Today is a public holiday, so it's one day I can take off of work. I'm hoping to get a working installation this evening, so I can play an hour or two each day.

Morrowind Overhaul does seem like it saves me from combining everything in this post.

And wow, what a big list Telesphoros is! I'm getting the idea that perhaps it would be better for me to load a few big mods, figure out what works for me, and then choose some mods from Telesphoros to add. :D
From what I remember from all those years ago, getting mods to play nice with each other wasn't always easy. :D

Katawa wrote:Now, no one mention that the creator of the Famer Mod is named [snip].
Snipped to avoid confusion. It is obviously a different person, with no relation whatsoever, who happens to share a very similar name and equally similar obsession with Morrowind and programming.

However, you will note that I have never expressed any interest in farming, hence, it cannot possibly be me...

:shh:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Nice thread for me to keep track of mods for Morrowind! Perhaps when I start to venture into the universe that is TES I'll find this thread to be most helpful. :D

I only tried Morrowind for a few hours before losing myself in another game... :oops:
In Josh we trust.

Online Now