Return to “Games”

Re: Morrowind

I'm getting some really nostalgic vibes from these superb images you are posting, gentlemen. thank you! :thumbup:

As to my deserting these forums entirely .. I tried it.. but the company here is just impossible to give up. :D :D

As far as the Skywind project is concerned, Flat, it would be awesome if one of these fan based productions came to fruition. I've waited for years for Tamriel Rebuilt to deliver and although there are some exquisite parts of the project released they still continue in their daunting quest to finish the thing. :angel:

When I do give myself a break from other RL events and modded Skyrim I find nothing more relaxing than to make a nice cup of tea and come here to find out how this and other threads are progressing. :angel:

This Community rocks! *this should be a party/celebration smiley* Any chance of adding one Josh?

Edit: A monkey jumping up and down on the spot is a poor substitute.

I was quite impressed while reading it... and wondered if Victor was not himself :ghost:

I've installed Tamriel Rebuilt but not activated the alpha .esm. I'm hoping to test the release part as soon as my character gains some levels... Now I'm level 2 and somehow reached Mournhold... picked up some quests along the way, but came back to Vvardenfell because I supposed my character hadn't the skills to survive any encounter there... :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

I had a reasonably good night's sleep last night and today has been a good day so I may be coming across as a bit high or tipsy but it's just my normal brain chemistry doing the normal business of activating my Pollyanna tendencies. :D

Good to know I'm not the only one who knows about Tamriel Rebuilt, Lum. :thumbup: :)

:shifty: Umm....well this Community does rock, Cornflakes. You can't deny it, surely. :lol:

Today I continued with my slow-paced exploring around Vivec and Ebonheart. After encountering my first cliff racer over a wrecked ship I killed my first skeleton and looted my first chest :D I took this pic to celebrate the achievement :ghost: Then I found and raided a small cave where some assassins wanted to share a piece of their -rather sharp- minds with me. Somehow I succeded in killing them all, included the (also my first) mage amongst them. Then I leveled up to 3 and returned to Vivec just in time to enjoy this lovely sunset. :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

I've played morrowind, I think my favorite quests were the raven rock quests from bloodmoon, morrowinds easily my favorite elder scrolls game :thumbup:.
i'm play actually doing another playthrough of the elder scrolls games, and just finished my second playthrough of oblivion.

Ahhhh Lum your setup is incredible! Makes me want to drive back to the office (where I have my only gaming machine) and dive back into Vvardenfell.

You know, during the time when I was recovering from the dark days, I actually played a bit of Morrowind (I was just trying to get excited about games again), and ended up writing a few shaders for MGSE that ported some of the LT post-process look (color grading, special-sauce bloom, etc.) to MW. Got some pretty nice shots from that :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:Ahhhh Lum your setup is incredible! Makes me want to drive back to the office (where I have my only gaming machine) and dive back into Vvardenfell.

You know, during the time when I was recovering from the dark days, I actually played a bit of Morrowind (I was just trying to get excited about games again), and ended up writing a few shaders for MGSE that ported some of the LT post-process look (color grading, special-sauce bloom, etc.) to MW. Got some pretty nice shots from that :D
You can't just tease us like that, Josh :lol:
(im not saying gimme, but gimme)
~Sly
IVE BEEN OUT OF MY MIND A LONG TIME

Found 'em!

Dropping a few favorites. Definitely not as pretty as some of the top-notch MGE setups, but I was going for my own toned-down version with a dark shader vibe. Using similar color grading, vignetting, and dark blooming as LT -- totally custom MGE shader chain (aptly-named "JoshWind") :D Was going to go further with it but finally they got my brain fixed to the point where I could touch LT-related code again :P

I do love a good dark MW atmosphere :shifty:

EDIT: Clicky for full size
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Those shots are superb, Josh. :D :thumbup:

:( I do wish you had a real clone. You could be doing the vital work on Limit Theory and your clone could be developing MorrowJosh.

I'd settle for your reworking of the original Morrowind if these shots are anything to go by. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:Those shots are superb, Josh. :D :thumbup:
I agree. Is that an otherwise unmodified Morrowind installation, or did you add other assets as well?

@lum: Being a lazy person, I didn't read all the 7 pages in this thread. So maybe you already mentioned it, but I'll ask anyway: What mods did you use to get that look?

@all: Also, does anyone have any experience with MorrOblivion or SkyWind?

Online Now