Return to “Games”

Re: Morrowind

Groufac wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:This is one of my most anticipated projects Groufac. I am not sure it's a good idea to remind Josh about it at this moment in time as he finds most things to do with Morrowind distracting. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Yeah I hesitated to post the video here for that reason but don't tell him :shh:
:shifty: It's too late Groufac. Josh will see the thread and will be compelled to take a peek. He will be unable to refrain from clicking your link. :lol:

I've only got one copy of Battlespire and Redguard in their original big box format so I've purchased the GOG bundle. :D :D

Great value for money. :thumbup:

Good grief.....how many times did you say I've purchased Morrowind in the past? That can't be right, surely. :oops:

I don't recall Redguard and Battlespire being very good. In fact I recall thinking they were both awful when they launched. Marrowind is still my favorite Elder Scrolls game though and at this price I'll go ahead and pick up the bundle... if nothing else as a thank you to Bethesda for supporting GoG.com. Even better you get Elder Scrolls I and II if you buy any Bethesda game before Sept. 2nd. Good times! :-)

Lum wrote:Now I must undust the Nexus Mod Manager and search for the ultimate MOD compilation for Morrowind :ghost:
I can't even think of devoting time to the previous ES games yet, Lum. There's this awesome Skyrim (plus 400 mods) game where I've only scratched the surface as far as content is concerned. It obviously requires my undivided attention. :D

I'd leave out Nexus Mod Manager now and use Mod Organiser instead. I'm still thrilled at how my Skyrim game has remained stable, even with all the mods, when run through MO. :angel:

And you're right, Asmodai, Redguard and Battlespire were never revisited by me after the first playthroughs but it's a tidy little bundle being offered.....and it's GOG. ;) :)

Lum wrote:Do you mind if I ask for some advice when the time comes, Victor? :ghost:
Of course I don't mind, Lum. :thumbup: :D

Edit: Although I wouldn't want to do it again. There were far too many hours of work involved but the best approach for the base mods was to follow S.T.E.P. It wasn't the game I wanted to play at that stage but it was a great foundation for the later additions. :thumbup:

I was happy to read this news as well, as I've played only the last three Elder Scrolls games.

But I'm reading in the comments about Redguard that the implementation is not great -- apparently the graphics emulation runs the game very slowly, making it hard to play.

Definite props to GOG and Bethesda for making this happen, though. Here's hoping a patch will improve performance.

Actually, I do now remember adding Glidos to the Redguard game to improve the graphics sometime after the release and first playthrough but never got the chance to play it through properly again. I was impressed by the resulting improvements but was distracted by other games at the time so the game was abandoned. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:Actually, I do now remember adding Glidos to the Redguard game to improve the graphics sometime after the release and first playthrough but never got the chance to play it through properly again. I was impressed by the resulting improvements but was distracted by other games at the time so the game was abandoned. :angel:
It runs fairly well on my tower (fittingly called Orthanc). But what, Glidos looks cool. Maybe giving it a try :)
Last edited by plillevold on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
old-fashioned :ghost:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Lum wrote:Do you mind if I ask for some advice when the time comes, Victor? :ghost:
Of course I don't mind, Lum. :thumbup: :D

Edit: Although I wouldn't want to do it again. There were far too many hours of work involved but the best approach for the base mods was to follow S.T.E.P. It wasn't the game I wanted to play at that stage but it was a great foundation for the later additions. :thumbup:
Thank you Victor, I'll let you know :)

I've modded my Skyrim like 4 times from scratch. Everytime I've learnt better ways to do so. By the third time it wasn't the prettiest but the most stable of all. There I've played the most. The last one is the pretiest of all but I feel is too heavy on my computer. Since I don't have a SDD to run games, the loading times are exasperating, to say the least. That last time I followed S.T.E.P. on its lightest version and runs smoothly at 50 fps, but those loading times... :roll: We'll see next time :D
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Perhaps it's time for some upgrading, Lum. ;) :)

I'm now using my SSD for only one game...you can guess which one. :mrgreen: The rest of them have been installed on my WD Black HDD. I have two Asus GTX970's running in SLI mode which has made a big difference to my viewing pleasure. :angel:

I went mad this time and used the heavy version of S.T.E.P. I was going to stop at that but there were so many impressive mods absent from S.T.E.P. I decided to add them in...I found it very hard to stop. :lol:

I added another mod Gopher recommended only this morning. :oops:

Online Now