Return to “Games”

Re: Endless Space 2

Picked up ES2 when it released. Have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with the outcome. There is a good base game here, it's just not ready yet and should be in early access still.

Good:
-Graphics improved over ES1, nice voiced and animated empire leaders.
-UI is done well.
-Overall, good basic ground work.

Bad:
-Overall, different systems and features don't work well together. More tweaking and adjusting needed.
-AI is horrible. Will send small fleets against me instead of building up a larger one that could actually harm me.
-Late game kills the engine. Cannot handle large galaxies.
-Unable to attack outposts!!! You have to wait until they are full colonies!
-Minor factions need work. They are absorbed too fast into various empires.
-Combat is bad. I can accept the hands off style from ES1, but this is a step back. Needs work.
-AI always "talks" to me, but never actual sends trade offers.
My Signature
Re: Endless Space 2

Zanteogo wrote:Picked up ES2 when it released. Have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with the outcome. There is a good base game here, it's just not ready yet and should be in early access still.

Good:
-Graphics improved over ES1, nice voiced and animated empire leaders.
-UI is done well.
-Overall, good basic ground work.

Bad:
-Overall, different systems and features don't work well together. More tweaking and adjusting needed.
-AI is horrible. Will send small fleets against me instead of building up a larger one that could actually harm me.
-Late game kills the engine. Cannot handle large galaxies.
-Unable to attack outposts!!! You have to wait until they are full colonies!
-Minor factions need work. They are absorbed too fast into various empires.
-Combat is bad. I can accept the hands off style from ES1, but this is a step back. Needs work.
-AI always "talks" to me, but never actual sends trade offers.
I'm having some trouble late game as well. I'm also finding the AI not-exactly-endless in terms of their intelligence or ability to wage war.

I too don't understand why you can't attack outposts. There are ways to do it, but the most obvious one - attacking or invading from orbit - isn't one of them. But I do appreciate the mechanics they have for growing the outposts. Also yes on the minor factions.

For me the really big thing is better or more imposing AI. I didn't play much at all before I started increasing the difficulty. I love the diversity of the factions, but the main difficulty for me is wrestling with the mechanics and getting to understand them intimately, rather than having to fend off those endlessly-hungry cravers while I'm doing it. So I hope this is what they work on with some priority.

Online Now