Vendetta part two: Chapters 3 and 4

Sorry about not posting every week as I promised, between other writing , school, school accreditation, sports, and social life it isn't often I find the time to just sit down and write. But here's chapter 3 Chapter four should soon follow of not next Sumday then the Sunday after. Thank you.

"Welcome Mr. Tames." said an ominous voice from above me. I looked around, I was chained to a chair one guard guarding me. My head still hurt, but it just a small ache. I saw the guard ahead of me was inexperienced, time to have a little fun. My hands were tied behind my back, so I started struggling and rattling the chains. When I saw the guard was annoyed I made sure to turn my chair around as loudly as possible. "That's it" the guard said as he came over. I then put the handcuffs on my hands around his neck. Before he could react I tipped the chair forward and stretched my hands apart to tighten the choke. I used my leg to protect my head from impact. Finally I pulled my hands towards me. He fumbled for his gun, but I tightened the choke once more, the struggling stopped. I used my legs to maneuver myself towards the gun. I grabbed it and put it to a light setting. I then shot the chain over my torso, nicking myself, but not badly.

After doing my handcuffs I proceeded to the door, but not before looking at the guard.  I saw the Aergon logo on his jacket, how did they find me? How did they know what I planned to do? I hadn't even done anything yet. I looked at the door, it was a light copper-like alloy, I could break through easily. I switched the G15 to its heaviest setting. All of the sudden a glint hit my eye, now it made sense why they used such a light, conductive metal for the door. They had a reflective shield over it. Reflective shields were very expensive, instead of absorbing rounds they deflected them back using high-tuned vibrations. I stepped to an angle of the door, so I wouldn't get hit by my own shot, then I switched the pistol to light rounds again. A little-known secret about these shields is that powerful and bean weapons were less effective against reflecting shields. Because instead of using the majority of the energy in shielding, they use it in vibrating, and because beam weapons and most powerful weapons have a large surface area, the only thing the shield has to do is deflect it. HESD turrets (High Energy Small Diameter) are effective because they burst through the shield before they can be deflected. The only other effective weapon is faster, weaker weapons because the shield depletes a lot of energy trying to deflect them. So that's what I did, I shot at the shield until I saw it fizzle. Then quickly I shot a heavy round, blowing up the shield and door. I burst through the wreckage into... a dining room.

Several well dressed men sat at the table, "You're just in time for dinner." one said, "We're having Indian." "Huh, but... uh who are you, where am I?" Was all I managed to get out. "You should know you called us, to answer your first question. As for your second question, welcome to Androv Hall, still on Guanjing International Space Station." "Oh... But why did you kidnap me, who was that guard, why after I escaped, you let me go?" "All interesting questions." said another man. "You have to understand that working against the Aergon faction, we have to be incredibly careful, you never know who is a spy." "Than why..." I tried to say, but he ignored me. "We didn't know who you err and why you would rebel against the biggest faction in the eastern sector. However a quick background check was suffice." The man continued. "We are sorry for your loss Mr. Tames." Yet another man added. "The guard was a captive of ours, " the second man who addressed me continued," he was to test how good of an ally you could be. We offered him his life and freedom, if he could guard you." Then the first man who addressed me spoke, "But please, allow us to introduce ourselves. I'm Mr. Arrow, the man you were talking to was Mr. Bart, the third man who spoke to you was Mr. Green. The man on my right is Mr. Edwards. The man on Mr. Green's right is Mr. Adams. Gentlemen, this is Asher Tames, ace pilot and our newest ally. Now please Mr. Tames, join us for dinner. Dinner was amazing. We started out with an appetizer of medium spice Farson, next we had nice, warm samosa, followed by buttered chicken with rice on garlic baked tortilla-like bread. After a few more chicken dishes, Mr. Arrow spoke, "Unfortunately, Mr. Tames, you've yet to earn our full trust. So we have devised a mission for you, Mr. Green will explain. "You are to take a custom made model Aergonian ship, and infiltrate a patrol, to help the rebels claim this system. Further detail will be given at a later time, you better get suited up."

It was in the cockpit of the Aergonian fighter that I first asked myself. " What am I doing." Besides that I was surprised how low-the the ships were. For the controlling faction of the eastern sector they were pretty disappointing. I ran a quick gear check: I had my G9 holstered to my leg, my knife in a sheath on my ankle. I had my tablet run an application in the background that would allow me to call my ship to my location when the job was done. Lastly, I had my pilot gloves I wore. I put on my dorky, Aergonian pilot helmet. As soon as I turned it on a HUD streamed to my visor. I placed my Holocard in its slot an ran the override command; now I could missile lock onto 'friendlies', a huge advantage.

I reached the rendezvous point and as the fleet approached me I said in a shaky voice, " p-Permission to join the f-fray s-s-sir." "What happened Polonsky?" The Aergonian Gold leader spoke. I smiled, they had bought it, the guard guarding me was Airman First Class. Polonsky, a Aergonian pilot patrolling planet X221. The man speaking was Wing Commander. Burg, commanding officer of the 25th Airspace Brigade. "Rebels attack Formation B and destroyed it, I was sent to get help" I spoke clearly, it helped that my comma program made me sound exactly like Polonsky. "Alright lead us to it, those rebels will soon wish they were back home, washing the floating trash they call ships. I rolled my eyes, "Speak for yourself." I thought to myself. I led them to the straight to the rebel ambush.

"Contact!" Shouted the commander over the comms. Quickly, I opened private comms with Captain Brigands, the rebel commanding officer. "I marked my ship with AA beacon, do not engage ships with beacons." I sent. A few tense minutes layer I got a reply, "Roger, I see your beacon, clearing orders to group, prepare to engage hostiles. "I hope this works." I said, crossing my fingers. I switched back to my regular comma, "Do you hear me Polonsky?!" "Yes sir, target all enemies with missiles then strafe the frigates in formation, stay tuned for further orders." That was a lucky guess. "So you were listening. Impressive!" I took a few deep breath and targeted the fleet. I turned the launched key, then with a deep breath, hit the launch button. Missile flew out of their launchers immediately I started strafing the Aergonian fleet. The commanders voice burst on my comms "Polonsky, what's your malfunction!" My confidence returned, "Nothing sir, I targeted enemy ships and strafed the enemy fleet." I said with a grin. the commander watched helplessly as 15 of his finest burst into flames.

All of the sudden a message appeared on every comm in the fleet, "Warning, to all fleets who include one AF1C. Polonsky. He is an imposter, the real Polonsky is presumed MIA, maybe even KIA." "All officers," said the commander in a broken voice, "engage our 'guest'." K11, the Chinese city lay below me, I made a dash for it. I was safe from missiles but soon mound my first engine torn apart by plasma fire. "Brigands I did my part, 20 down, now get these guys off my tail, press the attack." The commander had 5 guys in me, I had no choice but to make a force landing on K11. Two problems with that, first: I was unauthorized not to mention being an Aergon enemy, second: My ship had no problem with planetary entry , but with most fighters you had to worry about the engines, hull, and weapons plus my ship had already taken a beating.

As soon as I entered the atmosphere my hydraulics had locked up; I was in free fall. I switched to flap control and managed to find soft ground, water wasn't an option. Using the maneuvering lever I was able to, slowly but surely, adjust my angle of descent; I had to time this right. The field of soft dirt was only five miles long, I did some calculations in my head. At 500 feet I angled the plane level to take the least impact. I was falling now at 10 feet per second. Then I had an idea. The Aergonian fighters had this stupid heavy black box that could almost survive a nuke.  I took the inflatable water raft and jumped into the small black box roomette. At 30 feet I inflated the raft; it acted an airbag, filling the whole crawl space. I was knocked unconscious by the the impact, but sustained no injuries save for a minor concussion. I woke up dazed to find two armored guards standing over me with there AKS-101s pointed at my chest. "I surrender." I moaned in Chinese dialect. The guards modded and dragged me into the darkness.

Online Now