Return to “Creative Writing”

Happy Thoughts

(Hello there! Sorry this is short, but work has decided to come knocking. By work I mean friends. By friends I mean late nights messing around in the middle of nowhere. Please review!)

Happy thoughts.
I used to think happy thoughts, but now, I'm living in one.
To think I spent my days sitting around and typing out messages to people light-years from me when I could've been doing this.

I boosted myself from the wall and did a front flip into my chair. Mikey floated by, typing on his laptop. It had been three weeks since we met each other and now we were living together. We knew when that first day had come winding down to an end we didn't want to part ways. So after some messing around with parallel parking ships (Actually surprisingly difficult,) we moved in together. By moved in I mean with just connected our ships with a walkway. Mikey brought some changes with him. One, the gravity unit was turned off, so we could float around. He said walking was too much work.

Two, we needed to boost the internet signal. Turns out those ships that are still somewhat intact have cooler stuff in them. Like satellites. We launched about twenty, due to the fact that around sixteen of them got either stuck or exploded. Or both. When they got out though, man, did the advertisements increase! There came other things though. Shipping services willing to come bring me food or supplies if I could spare some of my scrap. I've only just realized I've been living on a gold mine! A floating, ugly gold mine!

Three, I needed more shipments of Quantum. He guzzles that stuff. I'm worried about his health. Then again, if a 20 year old was able to survive in the tin bucket he calls home, then he should be fine with a bit of radiation.

Everything was perfect. Just perfect.

Until those pesky bounty hunters appeared. Jeez, I thought I lost them too.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention I'm being hunted down due to some incident with a planetary station. I don't get it, they said take whatever you need, so I took their emergency engines. Those have come in pretty handy too. I've saved myself from a good week of repainting my ship from small meteorites. How was I supposed to know they needed them to stay out of that star's gravitational pull?

I opened my communication link.

"Hey guys, how about I pay you some scrap and you tell them I perished to a pirate or something?"

A missile promptly flew past the ship.

"Ah."

Okay, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...
I view the internet as a fire, and I am the tender of this fire. There are many like me, and we all have the same cause. To feed this everlasting fire.

Online Now