Return to “Creative Writing”

Darkness in between space

New thread for me, i write for the LTFC but this is my first solo thread
Saying things
There are many distant factions, between the stars. Entire generations gliding through the black without ever seeing one another. Nearly infinite possibilities, inside galaxies, and the blackness between.

Here is one of those places. An Ex-Jovian named Shiki. Cycle of life and death, the ending. It is sort of a way station in between galaxies, a refuge between the civilizations, politics, and in-fighting of the Civilized world.

The black disk of the planet's skyline, loomed in front of the station above Shiki 3. The third moon on the inner racetrack of the system. no star, no other major planets, just these planets. One gas giant, and its seventeen moons.

Rumbling from one of the massive Kuran Nomad fleet, drifted by slowly, their rounded white and blue hull, illuminated by the lights from the city. Glaring blue lines of fluid plasma, jetted out into the black, creating a flowing river of light behind the ship.

He was waiting. Waiting for his transfer to go through, ruining the day for smaller fighters was what he did best, though their hardware seemed to get better every time he left the for the "Real world" the galaxies of the universe.

His clients were always good for their money, because he was always good on his mission objectives. It was a simple symbiosis of sorts.

A dull tone chimed from an incoming transmission. 27000C and a the last payment for his new ship. he worked his way, for months, having to scrape fighters off the hull of his G2-Gunship, to a real beauty that had been gutted from the Kuran fleet. a relic heading for the scrap yard, he put it on reserve, and now it was his within a few moments.

He pulled up the shipboard marketplace terminal, his accounts, an economy tab, and a small hangar camera with a corner view of his new ship.

Purchase complete

It was his now, an old rust bucket with a heavy and slow hull like a tank, but it was his. All he had to do now, was to name the thing. it took him a while to think of something proper. The Kuran ship sizes averaged on most other race's flagship sizes.

Terminus

A fitting end to his toils. Now he had to retrofit it for manufacturing and refining. What sparked this idea was when he found a cozy asteroid belt on the outer rim of a major civilization, but just out of reach of it being populated.

It was time for him to get into his new ship, and set out.
Last edited by Catsu on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is no peace, only passion
Re: Darkness in between space: The package

Here were the rules, Don't talk, dont ask, don't even think about the package. those were the rules he lived by. if he broke those rules this late in the game, he simply wouldn't be alive.

A black ship arrived in the black of space. It was a strange thing to think or her about, until you saw it. a non-reflective black ship, large and silent. it slid into dock, and stayed there, now for two days.

Slate drifted through the massive harvest season crowd at the star-port. his eyes were fixated on the back of a head, blurring the faces of every Xeno and humanoid species that he passed. his hands were sweating, loosing the grip on his blade.

He charged forward, sliding in between faces and bodies. Stepping out of the throng just in front of the quick courier, and forcing him to take a detour into an alley. the alley gave way to a blade into his back, a distinct grinding sound sliding in between weak mammalian bones. it was simple, silent, and absolutely unobserved. at least as far as he could sense.

the package was a black box, one perfectly manufactured, embossed patterns, and no reflections.
Last edited by Catsu on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Darkness in between space

Chaos before school

Well it happened again. Tripped over pants that were half-on, tangled in the blanket, woke up in a start to alarm clock, blaring Muramasa my ears. I think it was “Swinging”, but maybe it was “Summer of Love”.
Took a shot of old coffee, did a few push-ups, then ran out the door, but forgot shoes and socks.
Arrived at school ten minutes earlier than I needed, got to class, and then got too impatient so I went to the school’s roof.
I Imagined badass warrior women with white hair fighting intergalactic wars with their swords, and Muramasa was still playing.
Arrived in class late, tapped my pencil on my desk a bunch, tapped my foot, and sprinted out of class to my job. None said anything about the no shoes or socks.
Another meteor came down, probably from space and landed on the grocery store, I would have to go shopping at the mini-mart near my house now. My ex worked there, and she was weird.
I jumped over the Hajimimoto’s house, vaulted the bike racks in the park, slid under the benches, and arrived to work. It was in chaos.
Mari and I went into the lockers to change into firefighting suits, and jumped into the MTFS, Multi-terrain-fire-suppressor. Just in case you weren’t familiar.
We sped down the street; the red legs were extra shiny in the ocean’s spray as the water spilled from the sea into the crater.
Mari was always better with the legs, but today she wanted hose duty, so I couldn’t say no.
When we arrived to the “Local Market” store, old man Shimura was trying to put out the fire with the sea water that was rushing in. he had a bad back and we told him to go home.
We popped the cork on the hose, and sprayed the store and the office building s around it. We were always the fastest on scene.
Mari’s legs were braced on the top hatch, and the water from the hose went down my back a couple of times. Looking up, I could see the glitter of water and the blue sky.
The other firefighting units formed a line where we sprayed the city down, dampening the fires. I love hose duty because I always like seeing us volunteer firefighters working together to make the world a better place.
The fires burned into the late night, and shot off embers into the night sky. The water from the hoses still glittered, maybe even more so.
We helped until late into the night where our compressed water ran out and our battery nearly quit. Back at the station we parked and were greeted by a crowd of cheering people. They must have seen the kitty sticker on the side of our engine, and come. It is as tall as me.
By the time I got home, that Cat was asleep and wouldn’t bother me for food because the Shinotoze girl loves to feed it. Probably why it was still around the neighborhood. It’s a mean looking cat.
I fell asleep with a half drank beer, and didn’t remember closing my eyes.
Then it happened again…
Last edited by Catsu on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sinking

Sinking, down into the jade tinted water splashed with midnight. The dull luminescence of the moon shot a shaft of light down into the water below. Floating, but slowly sinking, the cold water crept up to my face. Once submerged the water was alright, cold enough to produce shivers, but not enough to be freezing. My heart began to race as the pitch black water surrounding my decent veiled all the horrors and monsters of the night.
Terror choked me as I sank still further. A slow tumble altered the fall and my head dipped lower than my legs as I fell, observing the blackness and the thin shafts of light that cut through the dark water’s below. Floating, but slowly sinking, the cold water crept up to my face.
My heart began to race as the pitch black water surrounding my decent veiled all the horrors and monsters of the night. Terror choked me as I sank still further. A slow tumble altered the fall and my head dipped lower than my legs as I fell, observing the blackness and the thin shafts of light that cut through the dark water.
A few brief blinks of green and blue light punctuated the darkness. Bioluminescent creatures fluttering about in the darkness made me feel not so alone.
A cave slowly came into view. The entrance was completely circular with a thick mat of seaweed covering it in a thin spread. The flow of water seemed to be pulling into the cave.
My decent was arrested and I just floated there, staring into the pitch black maw of the dark cave. Slowly a pair of glowing red eyes opened, staring directly at me. A female face walked out of the cave softly.
She stopped a foots length away, just staring into my level eyes. my heart stopped and the eyes were the only thing that I could think about or imagine to think about. The eyes were the very world I live in, and would ever want to live in. we stared into each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity.
I wanted to do more, to plant a kiss, or a hug but at the same time didn’t ever want to break the embrace. The water shifted around us, the seaweed danced in the water and the gassing continued. The stress, agitation, anticipation , and the emotional pressure became too much to handle, and I woke up.
Once awake I imagined a kiss, a hug, and her cold and soft lips against mine. That was all speculation, but didn’t change the fact that the meditation worked. All the heat I felt on the bus, was now that jade green cold and darkness.
I fell in love, felt love.
Last edited by Catsu on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Catsu wrote:i tried to write the second story at least seventeen times, and kinda became demoralized. damn computers
Whats wrong?
Had some computer issues writing the extension of this universe. may come back to it, but for now, just gonna make some fun things!

Super intergalactic Girl…

In striped pantyhose. “That’s what it meant to be super and intergalactic” That’s what she said, but she forgot the rest.
She. She ran, sprinted, bolted, but faster. Straight up the ship that was meteoric, like a missile, into the planet. Her striped panties though, were all I could think about.
She leaped over aero foils, ducked under turrets, and punched a hole in the ship’s hatch. The punch sent the ship careening into the lift from its wings, and the pilot regained control.
She runs every day, passed her neighbors in town, around the craters in the city. Everyone recognizes her long red hair and the fact that she sprints with weights in her hands. She greets every one of them, and I know she can’t recognize any of them outside of uniform. She’s like that, a bit of a space case.
She told me that “One day, they’ll come for me, but I won’t let the.. m.. get close” and I could only think of how nice she smelled.
She got into her Mech, sped off into the sky once again, to save the city. Her comrades joined her, and together they fought off the invaders from the Andromeda galaxy in the future. There were heavy casualties.
All I could remember was how nice she smelled, and how she owned only horizontally striped panties, seventeen sets of the same “Super Intergalactic Girl” black and white suits, and her bubbly unguarded smile.
When she returned with one arm missing, one eye damaged, and a city of cheering people, she was still smiling the same smile as when she left.
She was My Super Intergalactic Girl. She came home after surgery, and showed me her new mechanical arm. We hugged for a long time, and she told me “This is what it means to be a Super Intergalactic Girl”.
Last edited by Catsu on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Online Now