Return to “Creative Writing”

Santa is Real

Santa is real. Here is a story I wrote some time ago. Enjoy.

I Saw Santa Claus
by Poet1960, Mar 27, 2008, 12:46:46 PM
Literature / Prose / Non-Fiction / Academic Essays
The debate over whether there really is a Santa Claus has been hashed over innumerable times. I can tell you, dear reader, that he is as real as you or I. You want proof you say? Do I detect a note of disbelief in your voice? Fine. Alright, the story I am about to tell you is a true story. I leave it up to you, the reader, to make your own decision as to whether it is proof enough.

Once upon a time, (don’t all good stories start that way?) on Christmas eve there was a little boy. I was that little boy. I was about six or seven years old at the time, and Christmas was a wonderful time of year. The emotions it evokes even after all these years, although dampened by time and adulthood, are still strong, and I can still get some sense of the wonder and magic through my four year old daughters eyes. The smell of the tree and my mom cooking all the Christmas goodies when I was young.

My brother and sisters and I used to turn off all the lights in the living room and turn on the tree lights so that the tree lit up the room with the help of the fire in the fireplace. That ruddy golden warm light of the fire combined with the different colors from the tree lights, all winking off of the tinsel was a site to behold.

On this particular Christmas eve I was having trouble getting to sleep as you can well imagine. I forget exactly what I wanted, but I was yelling for my mom for some reason, and when I didn’t get an answer, I finally got out of bed to go see where she was.

As I approached the living room, still calling her name, I heard a loud crash, and to my complete and utter amazement and astonishment, I saw Santa run out our front door, red suit and all. What was interesting was that as he was half way out the door, he was half gone, as if the door was some kind of weird portal. I don’t know how long I stood there with my mouth hanging open trying to digest what I had just seen, but it was a few minutes at least.

Finally, I got up the presence of mind to go look outside, because our front door was still wide open. Outside, I found my mom panting and out of breath gazing at the top of our roof. In an excited voice I asked her if she had seen anyone come out of the house. She said no, but had heard something on the roof and had come outside to investigate. I promptly told her she had heard something, and I had just seen Santa run out the front door.

We went back inside the house to investigate the loud crash I had heard earlier. We had discovered that Santa must have been placing a new doll house for one of my sisters and had dropped it when I had so unexpectedly disturbed his work. Still in shock over my great coup, (how many other kids have seen Santa?) I went back to bed to await Christmas morning.

Years later when I had grown, my mom related to me what had happened. I am sure you can guess. She had been busy putting out the presents from “Santa” when I had interrupted her. She panicked and dropped the doll house for my sister, and ran out the door. Pretty quick thinking I would say. So you see, I DID see Santa running out the door. The red suit and all the rest was my own spin on what I was seeing. The fact remains though, I SAW SANTA CLAUS.

So dear reader, draw your own conclusions, but for me, Santa is REAL.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Re: Santa is Real

It reads very natural, at least to me. :)

And, to be honest, that's a quite hard feat to pull of in my opinion. The overall style makes it sound like a comfortable story at home, with a good tea on the table and a nice fire in the hearth.

So finally, to you and all the other storytellers on this forum (And there seem to be a lot of them! :? ), great works, keep up the good work and have fun watching others having fun reading your stories! :thumbup: :clap:
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -
Re: Santa is Real

F4wk35 wrote:It reads very natural, at least to me. :)

And, to be honest, that's a quite hard feat to pull of in my opinion. The overall style makes it sound like a comfortable story at home, with a good tea on the table and a nice fire in the hearth.

So finally, to you and all the other storytellers on this forum (And there seem to be a lot of them! :? ), great works, keep up the good work and have fun watching others having fun reading your stories! :thumbup: :clap:

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. Merry Christmas. :)
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Online Now