Return to “Creative Writing”

The Hiatus Address

One score and nine months ago, Josh brought forth on this internet a new forum, conceived for Limit Theory, and dedicated to the community and the game that it seeks to play.

Now we are engaged in a great wait, testing whether that forum, or any forum so conceived, can long endure without its leader and creator. We are met on a great subforum of that forum. We have come to dedicate a topic of this subforum to the founder and creator of the forum that we meet at today. It is considered by some, who are bitter and resentful, not fitting and proper that we might do this.

But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this forum. Josh, who struggled to bring his dream to life, has already consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we type here, but it can never forget what Josh has done here. It is for us the actively posting, rather, to be actively dedicated to the unfinished work which Josh, who was here, so nobly advanced in his cause. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us - that from this honored dev we will take increased devotion to our cause - that we here highly resolve that this dev shall not have coded in vain - that this forum, under Josh, shall have a new birth of posting - and that this forum of Limit Theory, by Josh, for the Community, shall not perish from the World Wide Web.

Keep posting, guys! Don't let this forum only exist on paper! I am watching it begin to die! don't let it! Do it for the overlord, :ghost: , do it for Josh, do it for the Community, but the bottom line is to be creative and create numerous interesting threads to revive this forum. And anyone who doubts that Josh is still working on Limit Theory, go here. I'm putting it everywhere that I can (within reason) so that people who don't know yet won't despair.
Destruction is never precise, Creation is a thought, Time is an illusion, and Chaos and Order are one and the same.
Re: The Hiatus Address

This is well written and has inspired me to write some things if it's all right. I'd like to add to this if it's appropriate. If not let me know and I'll move this else where.

The time to post is now. Let no member cause distress to a forum or discourage posting. For now is the hour our ideas are most needed. Topics both big and small shall live together peacefully and ideas of old will be brought up from the archives and distributed to the masses. The LT wiki will be filled with data. Not just any data, but data specific to Limit Theory and the game-play there of. Knowledge will flow like the code from Josh's fingers. LTSL will be deciphered, the nodal editor will share with us its secrets, and we, the chosen will program modifications for the masses.

Let us not argue among ourselves about game mechanics and balancing. Let us instead discuss these things in a civil manner and compromise with one another about those features which we most disagree. Let solutions be considered, voices be heard, and patients reign over all.

I hope that when Limit Theory does eventually release to the public that we are patient with one another and find ways to fix things that may initially feel unbalanced. I hope that we are considerate of new players who come to the forums and that we resolve issues in a pleasant manner.
Re: The Hiatus Address

BFett wrote:This is well written and has inspired me to write some things if it's all right. I'd like to add to this if it's appropriate. If not let me know and I'll move this else where.
Your speech was excellently written! I'm thinking of doing a parody of another famous speech (this time it was the Gettysburg address), any ideas?
Destruction is never precise, Creation is a thought, Time is an illusion, and Chaos and Order are one and the same.

Online Now