Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

Idunno wrote:Dat Title Drop tho. :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW
And now I'm shipping Sofie/Dreadnought. :shifty:
Is the title drop a good thing or a bad thing?
Victor Tombs wrote:I thought I'd better say something here, Nathan, just in case you start getting the impression that I've lost interest in your grand project (as if I could). I'm not reading your serialisation of Small Choices but as soon as you have completed your epic masterpiece and find the time to get the wheels rolling/ cogs turning on those plans to produce the physical copy you will find me most attentive. If you still intend doing my audio version I will reward you handsomely for your efforts. ;) :angel:

If you decide against a printed copy of Small Choices would it be possible to put together a superior PDF version? Maybe adding some of your artwork to embellish the whole. :mrgreen: :D
I'm still very much planning on eventually getting it published in a physical copy. :P Have to finish writing it and then pull the money together first, though. I hit some snags on getting a bank account, so donations are still out of reach (and probably wouldn't cover making hard copies anyway). And yes, I do plan on the audio version too. :P

I'll almost certainly put together a good PDF as well - Sometimes you just want to read things offline, and I get that - I'm that way with most books. Plus, a PDF is pretty useful for printing. ;) I prefer a real, physical book over any screen-printed story.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Idunno wrote:Dat Title Drop tho. :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW
And now I'm shipping Sofie/Dreadnought. :shifty:
Is the title drop a good thing or a bad thing?
Oh, it's fine. One might even say that I like it.[/Perishthethought][/ChannelFreshV] :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Victor Tombs wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Complete? Not remotely. :P I think you've seen firsthand now how busy REKT keeps me, though.
I gathered that was the case but wanted to hear it from you. :angel: I see a lot of abandoned projects, I'm glad Small Choices isn't one of them. ;)
I still feel like you're some kind of really honorable mob boss or something. lol

----

So I scrolled through "Small Choices" and man is that a lot of writing. I might give it a read and see if I get into it soon. Tal, you seem to like writing even more than I do, which I didn't think was possible until I joined these forums. (Most people I know aren't a massive fan of writing, oddly enough)
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:So I scrolled through "Small Choices" and man is that a lot of writing. I might give it a read and see if I get into it soon. Tal, you seem to like writing even more than I do, which I didn't think was possible until I joined these forums. (Most people I know aren't a massive fan of writing, oddly enough)
I'm a massive fan of many things. :P Comes with the territory.
Victor Tombs wrote:Small Choices is very important/dear to me... and potentially quite a bit of additional work for Nathan. :angel:
It is indeed. It's very dear to me too... I wish I had more time to work on it. I tried to play Factorio earlier to give it a shot but didn't have it running 15 minutes before I was already overloaded with pings from IRC.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now