Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

I'm happy there's a new installment. I really enjoyed reading the new installment.

But...

You CLIFFED it.

Again.

Don't mind me. I'll just die a slow, painful death from the suspension.

Ok, but in all seriousness: Great writing. Thanks for posting. I don't really mind the cliffs. They're kind of expected in light novels/forum stories.
I get the sense that the quality of your writing has improved since you started. That or I'm too big of a fanboy at this point to notice/care. I'm leaning towards the first.
We noticed that this thread got a little side-tracked into a conversation about eating spaghetti with a spoon. We do enjoy our fair share of italian food, but please remember to keep discussion on-topic when posting on the forums.

I'm glad you guys like it! :D I was never planning on abandoning it - things just got in the way and I had a lot on my hands. :P That and a small degree of burnout.

CSE - I think the word you were looking for is "exciting", which I'm very pleased to hear associated with my work. :D

Jazehiah - never fear. :) I don't intend to cliff it for long. I actually intend to get the next chapter out tomorrow, and then follow with another a couple days after that. They'll probably slow at that point, just so I don't overwork myself. :P (I put a lot of work into these - more so after Lum helped me realize that I wasn't proofreading well enough.)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Spoiler:      SHOW
The more Hraden thinks of Sofie as a real person, the larger the chance that the Sofie/Hraden ship will sail straight and true. :shifty:
Why yes, my shipping goggles are still on, thank you for asking. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
The more Hraden thinks of Sofie as a real person, the larger the chance that the Sofie/Hraden ship will sail straight and true. :shifty:
If that's why you're shipping, you'll probably have even more reason to ship the farther this goes along, though I think you've already guessed that. :P
I meant to post yesterday (or the day before), but I've been fighting a variety of viruses and malware that I quite stupidly installed in a panic when the program I've been using to track (and therefore boost) my productivity stopped working. :P (it updated itself and wanted me to get a licensed version. :? ) I managed to get everything cleaned up at least, but it took a lot of hair-pulling. I couldn't even access the Internet for a while. (also, it amusingly coincided with our ISP going down for about eight hours... never get Windstream. :P )

Post should be coming out today, unless something goes wrong.
Last edited by Talvieno on Sun May 17, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Idunno wrote:
So I guess we could say you're...spaceshipping? 8-)

I'll let myself out. :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now