Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

Lol, all right. :D I'm glad you guys like it. I'm trying to make a quick second model now so I'll have a little easier of a time... There's a second structure that comes into play soon, and I want to get that modeled out so my mental image of it stops shifting. It won't take long and then I'll be back to work on writing. In the meantime, you guys will probably get more pictures. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I started with a draft Odgen ship, because they're a lot simpler. In the process I discovered something that was crashing the program and had to work to figure that out, but in the end, I got it rendered.

It took about three and a half hours total. I think it turned out all right for me spending so little time on it. :P And yes, I know it's missing things like guns and textures and so forth, but it's not a very detailed model anyway. (Also, if anybody would like to propose/suggest anything about the design, be my guest. :) )

Spoiler to anyone who hasn't read to the last chapter:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Note: Verana's military fighter is of a somewhat different design. This is just the general style of what would be a typical Odgen ship. Verana's would have a similar style, though.
And now I'm off to work on the one that's actually plaguing my mind's eye.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Lol, thanks guys. :D And it's mostly finished, Victor - I wanted it to have a really sleek, shiny look to it - something pretty but perhaps impractical for space and more suited to atmospheric flight. It's not just an Odgen design, it's more of a "Brelyme in general" design, really - it suits the known galactic community as a whole. The idea is to hearken back to Earth roadster designs: Image Very classy looking, but logically impractical - beauty over function. In the same way, Farpoint/Ctaelan ships like Hraden's aren't as classy, but are a lot more advanced. :)

I've never read any Silver Surfer comics, or seen any of the movies, but somehow I feel that's a compliment. :D

Victor Tombs wrote:
Talvieno wrote:I've never read any Silver Surfer comics, or seen any of the movies, but somehow I feel that's a compliment. :D
It most certainly is a compliment, Nathan. :D

I very much like the image of the roadster as well. :thumbup: I was a big fan of Jim Bergerac and it reminded me of the car he used to drive in the TV series. :angel:
Although I don't know of Jim Bergerac, I like the roadster too. :P I think my favorite time period would have to be the 1940s-1950s, in terms of style. Things looked a lot more classy back then.
Lum wrote:Nice looking ship! I'd put some streamlined glowing lines along it and a couple of distinctive marks and there you go :) Something that make it sort of human made, instead of ultra-advanced alien race... made :lol:
:lol: I feel the exact same way! It needs texturing, but I was just designing the base model, really. I don't want to sink too much time into conceptual visualization. I think some human lettering wouldn't be amiss - "XYD-1055D" stamped across one side, for instance, as well as signs of wear and tear, seams in the metal, and maintenance-access panels. That would make me spend an exponentially greater amount of time on it, though. :P Modeling is easy. Texturing is hard.

News. :D
JoshParnell wrote:
Talvieno wrote:I messaged you before, but I understand you're busy. I just need a yes or no. :)

Would it be all right if I set up a Patreon account for the production of Small Choices (the novel/potential novel series I'm writing, loosely based on the LT universe), or would you be against it? People in the thread have been asking for a way to contribute financially.
Hey Talvieno, sorry for not replying before -- I've become rather backlogged on PMs. But yes of course, it's all fine by me! I really look forward to digging into Small Choices when I have some time :D

In the mean time, best of luck and be sure to share the link with us publicly! :thumbup:

~Josh

Online Now