Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

Celebratory image of what I'm working on. :D I'm an extremely happy camper right now.
Spoiler:      SHOW
And yes, Victor, I'm glad I listened to you. :P And very, very grateful to Josh. :D He's awesome. :mrgreen:

Of course, it'll be a little while before I overcome a few hurdles and am able to set up an account at all, but. :P It might be my first step towards getting out. I don't expect much, but I'll be happy with anything at all.
Last edited by Talvieno on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

[quote="Talvieno"]Celebratory image of what I'm working on. :D I'm an extremely happy camper right now.
A space-aged spatula?

:P

Joking aside, it looks cool, I like the bezel, but without a 3d rotation around one or more axes, I'm not sure what I'm looking at...

Edit:
I daily check to see what Josh has posted, so the above image is the first I've seen of this, Tal.
Checking back a page I see I'm completely missing the thread..
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

@Josh: I thanked you yesterday in a PM, but I figured I might as well thank you here too. :) I'm glad you like what I've got so far, and it's all right that you don't have time to read the story yet - I completely understand. I would've been surprised if you'd been able to. I'm very grateful, though. After all, there wouldn't even be a Limit Theory - or my novel-in-progress - without you. :P
FormalMoss wrote:A space-aged spatula?

:P

Joking aside, it looks cool, I like the bezel, but without a 3d rotation around one or more axes, I'm not sure what I'm looking at...
Spoilers (for everyone):
When it's done, it'll be an old Ctaelan dreadnought.
It's a ship. :P It's nowhere close to being done right now, though - I've only put a couple hours of work into it. There's still a long way to go. I'm glad you like the bezel, though. :) That's actually one of my favorite parts so far, I think... I'm designing it to suit the story - or, rather, designing it to match what I see in my head. There's not quite as much thought going into it as some of the other things I've done - I'm mostly operating on intuition, admittedly. And still open to suggestions.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Progress has been made. Yesterday was practically lost due to familial events, but I spent another few hours on it today and I'm mostly happy with how it looks so far. It's not done, but it's near enough to being done for me to be (mostly) satisfied. I didn't add the engines, and the bottom and top shouldn't really be identical, but at least you can (hopefully) tell what it is now. :D And it's far enough in that I'm settled on the design in my mind. The arches around the bezel need work, but I'm not sure I'll spend the time to fix them... I need to get back to work on the story itself. Maybe if I eventually added illustrations... or if someone requests a finished image. :P

big image:
As always, suggestions/comments are welcome. :)

Dinosawer wrote:It's a high-tech spoon! :ghost: jk, looks neat!
What's the purpose of those arc thingies?

Illustrated? Do you draw then?
"Illustrated" as in "applying pictures to the pages of a book". :P The "drawing" aspect is purely optional in this sense. I would be 3d-modeling. The downside is that drawing is considerably faster. Models are better only in that it takes less time to learn, and you can view the same scene from different angles. I frequently find that drawn art is far more beautiful... but I unfortunately lack the skill necessary.

The arc-thingies, as you put it are actually to reach up to the "roof" rib of an external hangar - it's a big ship. They reinforce the "roof" of it. Back when it was still functional, I suppose it's likely they would've had force fields between them during times of combat to protect the fighters within. I may upload a picture in a minute to illustrate. (there's that word again :lol)

edit: an image with a hastily-applied rust texture to give a sense of depth:

Online Now