Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

Scytale wrote:
Idunno wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Yay, four!!! Heyaa, Dino!

Posted. (: There's a little easter-eggish-thing in this one. Sort of. Think of it as... nebulous cameos...

And for Idunno's sake, there's a lot less of a cliffhanger than usual. :lol:
:D
somethingsomething pylons?
Somethingsomething Pylons. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Tal - how could you - I refreshed a page and found that you've uploaded another enticing chapter - how am I supposed to do work and read at the same time!

:D :D

:thumbup:

Edit: Thanks Tal.. *HUG*
You put me in your story...
Spoiler:      SHOW
"Brelyme is here," Taiya said softly, tracing her fingertips outwards along the shimmering web. "Lumis, Idun, Katoro, Formoss, Taimi'sei and onwards to Dinswar... and in the other direction..."
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Thanks, Lum! :D And Dino, yup, Dinswar was about you. Lumis was about Lum, Idun is Idunno, Katoro is Katorone, and Taimi'sei... well, the backstory behind Taimi'sei is that, in a stroke of utter irony, it's the most heavily-populated system in the known universe. :shifty:

I've rewritten the middle/end portions of the next chapter twice so far - there's now a version where Hraden gets a meal at a local bar and watches someone cook, as well as a version where it talks about him and Taiya discussing how they met. XD Both of which will probably never see the light of day. The main problem is I'm going to let a huge plot twist drop in Chapter 9, and I'm... well, nervous about it. This one plot decision (or "small choice, har har har) is going to determine whether or not the rest of my story is a total flop... so, I'm understandably worried that I won't do it right. It's also getting difficult to keep everything I want to say within the bounds of a chapter. I think I'm getting back into my old writing flow. :oops:

Worst part is, I can't ask anybody here for input without spoiling the surprise. :lol: I want to get two more chapters out before the end of the contest, though... the judges won't have to read all of it, but I want to get most of the major plot twists out of the way by the time I officially place an entry in the LTFC... It's a bad situation for me all around, especially if I get points taken off for only being halfway done.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:It's a bad situation for me all around, especially if I get points taken off for only being halfway done.
My advise is, pick one or two chapters that can stand on their own, and submit those. Include a link to the full, ongoing story here.
The submission is whatever you chose to submit, so personally I won't take away points for it not being finished.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now