Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

Yay, a critic! :clap: :thumbup:

Yeah, I noticed that same issue myself, and may go back and "patch it up" unobtrusively later on. The reason for it is that I wanted to keep the story a lot shorter than it's turning out to be... so I skimped here and there. That was one of the more obvious places. I'm going to accept that there's no way I can get the story mostly done in time for the contest, and just move at a regular pace from now on... but be sure to warn me if you notice something like that again. :P I don't want to keep making the same mistakes.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Eh, well. :P It's still very valuable input.

The next chapter is coming out within the next thirty minutes (for sure this time). Victor in particular (if he ever frequents this board) should be pleased to note the music I listened to for inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aYZvzWLkX4

I rewrote a lot of stuff and let the plot naturally expand. Things should feel less "rushed" now, hopefully.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

#7 was very good Tal! I like how you describe things, the little details and the atmosfere :thumbup:

I can't help to laugh at our poor guy, though, he's always surprised that everyone knows about things he has just believed to know exclusively. C'mon man, in what universe are you living? there is no news channel aboard that piece of junk of yours or what? :lol:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

I'm glad you liked it! :D (you seem to be the only one still reading, though? or is everyone else quiet?)

As to our poor hero... I actually have a very good explanation for that. No, it's not a plot hole - you're just noticing a twist before it's revealed. :P (And I'm not spoiling it.)

Today was PR-heavy... so I'll be finishing the next bit tomorrow. My brain is soup. XD Not even crackers anymore.

I have to admit that I need to catch up... I'm not an avid reader and have already forgotten what happened in the first chapter.
Don't think this as a criticism or anything though, if anything it's self criticism. :D The fact that I think your story is worth reading from the start again means I'm enjoying it. I just need to put some time aside to really get in to it. (or learn how to read faster :D)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Okay. :P Three people was about what I'd expected to begin with, so I'll go with it. (Or two and a half, I guess.)

sorry for the long delay in posts. :( I've been really busy recently - largely campaigning for Voxel Quest. lol But today I'm trying to get a post out. Almost done fixing it - it SHOULD be out within the next couple of hours.

Edit: NOW should be out within an hour or so.
Last edited by Talvieno on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Talvieno wrote:Yay, four!!! Heyaa, Dino!

Posted. (: There's a little easter-eggish-thing in this one. Sort of. Think of it as... nebulous cameos...

And for Idunno's sake, there's a lot less of a cliffhanger than usual. :lol:
:D
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Online Now