Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Comments on "Small Choices - an EVE-Chronicle-esque"

Talvieno wrote:
(and yes, I'm essentially defending my decision to have some conversations take place off of the ships. :P )

Edit: Starting on the next chapter now.
Don't worry Tal, you've set the mood already with the first two chapters.
It is inevitable that Hraden has to walk on terra firma (or whatever constitutes such in a space station).

In my book, you're doing great - loving every line :)

:thumbup:
:clap: :clap:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Okay, good. :\

I got behind yesterday and couldn't get a chapter out - too much stuff going on at home. I'm going to try to double-time it today... hopefully. I'd like to get it completed within the next three weeks - depending on how long it goes, I could be making quite a sprint. Best to be careful.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

FormalMoss wrote:
Talvieno wrote:Okay, good. :\
*HUGS*
Thanks, man. :)
Lum wrote:Tal, let the inspiration flows... rushing things is a recipe for disaster ;)
Actually, as I'm also writing this for the October contest (yes, I'm going to weave in a theme of exploration), I can't move too slowly or I won't finish in time. Plus, I don't want you guys to have to wait too long.

The trouble is, I'm having to re-master the art of focus-fu... and get back into the swing of things, by which I mean get my writing speed back to where it used to be. If I can remedy that early on, I won't wind up increasing the pace at the cost of quality later in the month.

(I've written a lot before this... so I have an idea of how I write. :P )

Next chapter is done. I'm going back over it now, and will have it posted soon.
Unfortunately, the next two chapters will be primarily bound to Odgen Station, but after that we can get back to that spacey sci-fi goodness. (Spoilers, I guess, but I don't want you guys to think it's all going to be about "Terra Firma".

Edit:
Paragraph test
Paragraph test
  Paragraph test

Got it. :)
Last edited by Talvieno on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Thanks, Katorone!
Lum wrote:Because space stations aren't all that spacey and sci-fi-ish... I understand... :problem: :problem: :problem: :think:
Weeelllllllll, I'm not sure what exactly is happening to the station in my attempt to make it feel like a slumlike former military base converted into civilian housing and a makeshift renegade capital. It feels like something along the lines of a metal-only multi-level Blade Runner mixed with Deus Ex and potentially something from modern naval warfare, but it's difficult to be sure. I guess the best I can do is write it and leave it up to you guys' interpretations.

ETA 30 minutes out. I got really busy today and had to deal with a lot of mess going on, but I'm determined to get this chapter out today.

Idunno wrote:You are keeping up the quality of your work. :twisted:

This pleases me. :thumbup: :clap:

[insert rage at cliffhanger here] 8-)
Heh, sorry about the cliffhanger... it just felt like a natural place to end the chapter. :P And thank you, though I'm not sure I share those sentiments. :P
Lum wrote:Haha, very good. News travel faster than light, even in a crowded station :lol:
Not quite... I know everything seems "just because" right now, but I assure you I have a logical explanation for everything. :P

The next chapter is a bit long at 3k words (I've tried to ramp up slowly), and I'll be dropping it off as soon as I finish with proofreading/editing it.

Edit: Actually, I'm not satisfied with it, so I think I'm going to pull it apart and rewrite it. Too much talking and explaining, not enough going on.

Online Now