Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: One-Shot

Talvieno wrote:Heh, all right. :P Get one more person in here and I'll start work on it before too long. :) (no sense in writing for just two people right? Need to have at least three for a full audience.) (okaaayyyy, this is just me stalling for lack of confidence, but really, I'll hold true to my promise if somebody else speaks up.)
Sold. :P
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Lol, all right, I'll start on it soon. My brain is currently mildly fried from spending the past seven hours working on a model. :P But I'll get on it soon enough.

Edit: I've been working hardcore on my LTFC entry and I'm very worried about getting it done in time. XD I don't have a plot for whatever I'm writing yet... Not sure what would be a good idea to do. What would you guys rather hear about? The exploits of a pirate (action/drama), a man rising through the ranks of the military (action/intellectual), the life of a trader and his wife (intellectual/drama), the adventures of an explorer (adventure/action), or something else?

(I haven't gotten a chance to read the EVE stories yet, just in case it isn't obvious.)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

With 4 and a half hours remaining, perhaps your time would be better spent creating something for the new edition? :)
Just a suggestion though! If you still want to make an entry for this edition, you're more than welcome to it. :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:With 4 and a half hours remaining, perhaps your time would be better spent creating something for the new edition? :)
Just a suggestion though! If you still want to make an entry for this edition, you're more than welcome to it. :D
New edition? Huh? Four hours? What do you mean? I did create a contest entry... :eh:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Gah! My bad! My head was already in the contest of October. This month everybody can make two submissions. A story and something else.
Sorry for the confusion, I need to sleep more. :D :ghost:
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

I realize I'm incredibly late on commentary for this story, but thought I might share some remarks.

I enjoyed the imagery. The simple, yet vivid manner in which you describe everything is very well done. It puts you in that cracked seat of the narrator.
The narrative itself was intriguing. An honest man turned bad. Made me think of old hard-boiled detectives, which is a very unique and awesome choice for a space short.
Finally, I appreciated the extra details. The composition of both oxygen and gunpowder made it more intricate and interesting than flatly stating what they were.

Many writers have difficulty setting a mood, pace, or sense about their narratives. But you hit the nail on the head.

In a word: Fantastic.

Tourch wrote:I realize I'm incredibly late on commentary for this story, but thought I might share some remarks.

I enjoyed the imagery. The simple, yet vivid manner in which you describe everything is very well done. It puts you in that cracked seat of the narrator.
The narrative itself was intriguing. An honest man turned bad. Made me think of old hard-boiled detectives, which is a very unique and awesome choice for a space short.
Finally, I appreciated the extra details. The composition of both oxygen and gunpowder made it more intricate and interesting than flatly stating what they were.

Many writers have difficulty setting a mood, pace, or sense about their narratives. But you hit the nail on the head.

In a word: Fantastic.
Thank you, Tourch. Greatly appreciated! :)
“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”

Online Now