Voting has now closed, and the competition has ended.
The winning entry is: What Hung in the Air by Draglide12
Voting Closes sometime around Saturday 10th of May 2014
This is the submissions thread, please post any comments in the Short (Short!) Fiction Contest thread. After submissions close we'll run a poll so people can pick their favourite story. The winner will receive mad props, yo ( ).
- Submissions should be approximately 400 words in length. Please, no novellas.
- Submitted stories should feature the competition's topic.
- Submissions should include a title.
- Submissions should be posted in this thread by the stated deadline.
- Original content only (obviously, plagiarism of any kind is discouraged).
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but you may be asked to choose one to go to final voting if we receive a lot of submissions.
- Have Fun!
(Thanks go to Lum for his suggestion of this topic).Contest Topic wrote:Surviving an Alien Invasion.
Feel free to incorporate the topic into your story in any way you choose - Describe the plight of a single survivor, or write about the fall of an entire civilisation. You could write about the first battles of the invasion, or perhaps about the situation after a hundred years of occupation by the alien force. You could even write a story from the point of view of the invading aliens. Anything you like, so long as you use the idea of the alien invasion in some fashion.
That's it. Have fun guys, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments thread.