Return to “Creative Writing”

Oblivion

We will face extinction soon.

Really, the war is killing us all. It started as just a dispute over a planet rich on Arkadite. It grew. The Kadla alliance against the Ecitu. The biggest ones. Burning with hidden hate against each other. It has roots buried deep into our history. Mostly the Ninth war. Our technology has developed since, to the point where we can scorch planets. The weapons were banned, but the war brought them back to use. When everyone is in it, no one is left to regulate. Even the IURA, capable of keeping the factions under strict control, is now just a puppet for the Ecitu. Everything is permitted, because the victors write the history. If there is any victor.

There is also a third faction. We call ourselves the survivalists. The Mos. We are neutral and small. We, however, have built the greatest system in existance, after the Pause machine. A machine able to keep our legacy alive, and repopulate the galaxy with our descendants.

It's called "New Eden". If we don't survive the Oblivion war, it will. It'll activate, and spread. Choose a point to restart civilisation. It's not like our civilisation. Ours had the seeds of destruction since the first of us was born. We are a species of locusts, unable to adapt. The point where evolution stops. We thought we could be different, but we are just genomes trying to reproduce ourselves. As far as we know, the same problems affect and will affect every sapient being with roots in biology.

We will all die. It just will happen. Only things left of us will be the Pause and New Eden. Both large enough to affect the whole galaxy. But it's just two holes in an infinent box of sand.

The only limits are those you set yourself.

Goodbye.
In space, no one will hear you scream. #262626
I've never played a space sim. Ever.
Vos estis tan limes.
Re: Oblivion

ThymineC wrote:I admire the plausibility. :thumbup:
If you are vaque enough, imagination will fill the holes. :shifty:

This is actually not about humans, if you thinked about that. Think how you wish. Eden is a translation. I have a whole timeline of LT lore in my head, and this is a part of it.
In space, no one will hear you scream. #262626
I've never played a space sim. Ever.
Vos estis tan limes.

Behemoth wrote:
I might be misunderstanding your remark but I wasn't being sarcastic in the least, if that's what you thought.

ThymineC wrote:
Behemoth wrote:
I might be misunderstanding your remark but I wasn't being sarcastic in the least, if that's what you thought.
I think he meant that if you are vague, like in his story, the human mind will fill in the seeming gaps with whatever seems to fit for that persons idea of what he is reading.
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Online Now