Return to “Creative Writing”

Unknown Log -- 1: A drifters message

Date: --April 20, 2125--
Time: --14:57:30--

Data Entry:

-- It was like a million fireworks going off at once. Lasers, missiles, bombs; all going off at once. Looking out from the porthole in the ship the stars that surrounded us glistened against the cold black backdrop. It was silent now and there were now more flashes. We are drifting. The ships reactor was out of commission, hit from a stray missile in an earlier battle. Radiation was flowing from it like water from a fire-hydrant. No idea how long we have been drifting for, seems like an eternity. The glow from the stars being my only comfort. I can almost feel the heat from them on my skin as I gaze at them from this porthole. Shouts are coming from behind me now, the radiation is slowly leaking from the chamber. Everyone is panicking, I am the only engineer left on this ship. Technically i'm not even an engineer, just a trainee. Why did I have to survive that hit? Sara, Raya or Steven, any of them could fix this. I was just here to observe them work. It's funny how the least prepared people are always thrust into situations like this. It's like in the movies you know? When the ill-prepared hero is thrust into a situation and overcomes adversity and saves everyone, that's how it feels right now. Except... This is real and I won't be able to save everyone. We are going to be suffocated as radiation flows from the Reactor Chamber. People are still screaming, yelling for help or for someone to do something. It's hopeless though, there is 20 of us left. We are going to breath the remaining oxygen and slowly run out. The escape pods are on the other side of the reactor, cut off by a corridor that is now flooded with radiation. Perhaps some could survive if they can get to the escape pods. --

Date: --April 20, 2125--
Time: --15:45:55--
Data Entry:

-- They made it. I can see the pods going off now. The air is getting a bit stiff and my skin is starting to burn. They made it though, perhaps I am the hero of the movie. The stars are so brilliant from here, so many different colors. Deep reds, vibrant blues and sharp yellows. All swirling, dancing to a cosmetic rhythm. It's funny, I never thought the hero could feel so lonely. Huh, reading this I feel like I am rambling. I noticed that the crew never even bothered to enter my name into this recorder. Well, if anyone happens upon this. My name is &$&(------- 9*$( and I am a trainee on the ship, Interceptor. I wish I had more time, to tell more of my story here... If I can say one thing it's this: don't be afra()#--(04329403- __9 -( d8*&4803428047* ( ---------- )_)(9 *...................&^$( live... d3909edkl;s forget dkowi---
($)%*780---

--Data Entry Corrupted--

End of Data
End Date: --April 20, 2125--
End Time: --Unknown (Reason: DATA CORRUPTION)--

*** Any feed-back about this log would be appreciated! ***
"You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something in your life." - Winston Churchill

Online Now