Return to “Creative Writing”

Notes To New Authors

Just one so far:

1) Reserve the first few posts of any thread you make you intend to make multiple contributions to. Do this by hitting reply to your thread a few times when it goes up, and type something like "reserved for future use" each time. Then when you're ready to put in the next part, just edit one of the reserved posts.
What this does is keep all your items in one smooth flow and allows people to respond to your works without worry about breaking the flow. Further it keeps people from having to search for the next part if there is a lot of responses.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed
Re: Notes To New Authors

PeterD wrote:I was going to add a new thread for comments regarding my Infinite Loop thread along the lines of the idea suggested by Grumbles.

I'll wait to see what the mods decide is the best approach. :thumbup:
Specifically that's why I made this thread, I didn't want to break up the posts in yours and decided to make the issue a public discussion.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed
Re: Notes To New Authors

That being said, if any author DOES want comments moved from their story to another thread, go ahead and make a new thread and let us know. We can move posts between topics easily.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now