Return to “Creative Writing”

Re: Infinite Loop

London, Europe.
International Conference on Extra-Terrestrial Research

Minutes of Meeting 12b: Committee Decision on next investigation of Lunar Artefact 2056-09-22:00277A88E

Secret. Clearance Level Required: 9.

January 15, 2058
Chair: Lord Mark Aisworth, Phd

Present: Rgt Hon Alan Bonners; Professor Coleman James; Professor Alisa Berdeyich; Dr Ming Zhau; Dr Willian Cochrane; Dr Samanth Styles; Professor John Mcarthy, Dr Jaques Defoe; Dr Heinrich Messerschmitt. Professor Zhou Lo

Lord Ainsworth called the meeting to order and asked if there were any items to add to the agenda. None were proposed.

Professor Zhou Lo proposed to accept the minutes of the last meeting. Seconded by Dr William Cochrane. The motion passed.

Professor Coleman James presented the results of his findings into the artefact.

Lord Ainsworth noted the contribution by Professor James for recording in the minutes.

Professor Alisa Berdyich proposed that the findings be accepted with no modifications by the committee. Seconded by Dr William Cochrane. The motion passed.

The decision to investigate the internal space of the artefact was tabled for discussion by Dr Heinrich Messerschmitt. General agreement that an internal investigation was the appropriate next step was made. This was formally proposed by Dr Heinrich Messerschmitt and seconded by Dr William Cochrane. The motion passed.

Dr Samantha Styles proposed a working group be put together to perform the next stage of the investigation. Lord Ainsworth noted that funding for the next phase of the investigation had been approved at 311 million Euros. The working group to consist of Dr William Cochrane, Dr Ming Zhau, Dr Samanth Styles, Professor John Mcarthy and Dr Jaques Defoe. The proposal was seconded by the Rgt Hon Alan Bonners. The motion Passed.

It was proposed to general agreement that the working group would report back at the next meeting which was scheduled for January 11, 2059.

Lord Ainsworth adjourned the meeting.
Sorry, but your choice of avatar means I can't take anything you say seriously.

California, North America
National Quantum Computing Research Labs

Extracts from the Diary Notes of Professor Coleman James (Unpublished)

2058-04-01 : April fools day! Pranked Styles today with a faked news story in her in-tray purporting to show a direct copy of our research notes in the local town rag. She took the fake story to the security boss who handed her a card that said April Fool! She still doesn’t know it was me. Been grumpy all day. No sense of humor.

2058-04-5 : Breached the exterior of the artefact today. Analysis of the gas within the object revealed that wherever it was constructed shared a very similar environment to earth. As for what is inside, Defoe and I are strongly of the opinion that it is an advanced computing device.

2058-04-09 : Astounding outcome from tests performed on the interior by Mcarthy, Zhau and Styles. Amazingly the device seems to be at least partially operable. A steady supply of DC power applied to what appears to be a power rail connecting the exterior port to one of the interior elements provoked a positive response in the monitoring equipment.

2058-04-15: The device has been constantly providing an output response along interface element J13 for 24 hours. The response output is a regular step function varying by +/- 0.012v.

therealtruth.net

Home Page (20 June 2058)

Heading: Alien artifact discovered on the moon!
Sources within the International Space Agency have told therealtruth that in 2056 the manned mission to the moon brought back an alien artifact. Follow the jump to learn more.

Heading: Aliens – Are they real?
With the recent discovery of the evidence of alien life found on the moon international experts have been discussing the scientific response and how we might protect ourselves from invasion. Follow the jump to learn more.

Heading: 1980’s Pop Icon Madonna has been cloned!
A three week old baby in Helena, Montana has been identified as the genetic equivalent of famous 1980’s pop icon Madonna who died in 2032. Scientists in Helena are claiming the success of the first human cloning experiment. Follow the jump to learn more.

2058-06-21 : Everyone’s talking about the article on therealtruth website referring to our artifact. Someone’s been a naughty little boy and blabbed something they shouldn’t. I suspect it was Mcarthy. He’s always looking for a way to one-up himself over everyone else.

2058-06-23 : Defoe was interrogated today by the goons. Some bloke in a suit came in with a suitcase and they locked Defoe in a room with him for hours. When he came out he was very shaken. Wouldn’t talk to anyone and locked himself in his office. He was still there when I left for the night.

therealtruth.net

Home Page (26 June 2058)

Heading: therealtruth site is currently unavailable due to unplanned maintenance and server problems. We will be back soon bringing you the latest investigative news stories and as ever digging for the real truth.

2058-06-27 : Defoe didn't turn up to work today. One of the security drones told me that Defoe needed some time off as he was under too much stress. They must think I am an idiot. I liked Defoe. Suspect I won't see him again.

Press Release

International Space Agency

28 June 2058

Discovery of Alien Artifacts and Existence of Alien Life-forms Categorically Untrue

Beijing, China

ISA would like to categorically refute the claims made in various print publications and other media forms that alien life has been discovered.

In addition the ISA would like to categorically refute claims that an alien artifact was discovered on the moon and subsequently returned to earth.

ISA again repeats the statement of fact that so far no evidence of alien life forms has been discovered by any human endeavor.

For more information on ISA activities and access to published scientific papers please visit isa.com.

2059-09-09 : We got real data. Managed to decrypt a stream of information from the output rails. Took the Japanese Millicomb Targa super computer cluster 228 days to decrypt the information stored on the device. Apparently it has 18 terabytes of compressed schematics and data. I got to look at a sample of the information today and what I saw looks like some detailed engineering diagrams with some sort of energy models. Didn’t mean much to me. Need some engies to give it their eyes.

2059-09-10 : They’ve called the data the Mcarthy Package. That dick got his name attached to the data. So much for all the work the rest of us have put into it. Zhau and Styles are pissed! So am I. And Mcarthy is being an insufferable arse about it.

London, Europe
Queen Mary University of London
Department of Linguistics

Report into the Language Structure used in the of Mcarthy Package 2060-11-02

Publication Date 2061-03-19

Abstract:
A linguistic analysis of the language structures used in the Mcarthy Package was performed to identify the source of the writing. The analysis of a sample of syntactic elements within the package considered aspects of argument, register and syntax. It highlighted the extent to which characteristics are language-specific or cross-linguistic. The results of the analysis suggest that the language and control over the syntax of the language is comparable to the structure of contemporary English with elements of Sino/Mandarin. No definitive conclusions as to source could be drawn however the strong inference is that the material has links to human, earth sourced authorship.
Last edited by PeterD on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

International Scientific Patent Organisation

Creation of Plasteel
Inventors: Berdeyich et al.

Assignees: Rio Tinto Research and Fabricat International, Guangzhou China.

Application Reference Number: 2,998,100

Filing: March 21, 2070

Abstract:
A method for combining thermally resistant nano fibres with conventional metallic compounds to create a super strong high tensile material that is flexible when under load.

Yamazoo.sh

Daily Specials for 15-July-2085

Title: Boundary Science – The Mcarthy Package Revealed

Category: Popular Science/Conspiracy

Price: 255.00 Euros (Down from 399 Euros)

Previews:

Extract from Chapter 3: The Defoe Disappearance

With the investigation of the Lunar Artefact into its fourth month at the National Quantum Computing Research Labs in California certain details about the object and the result of the research were leaked to conspiracy site therealtruth.net. A few days later the US Interior Security Administration detained Dr Jaques Defoe on suspicion of leaking the information. Documents obtained show that Defoe was interrogated for 14 hours by the ISA before he was released. No official charges were ever laid, yet by next morning Defoe had disappeared. He never returned to his unit and his personal belongings at the NQCRL were never claimed. It is also significant that within days the web site therealtruth.net was taken down and never reappeared. The owner of the website pleaded no contest to a charge of tax evasion six months later and was barred from operating a business for 6 years.

Extract from Chapter 8: A New Discovery

Yet despite the interference and secrecy surrounding the work of Professor Coleman James and his team the results were spectacular. The accelerated development of an engine capable of very high energy output that would enable travel times within the Solar System to be measured in days rather than years. The engine was named the Mcarthy Engine despite the evidence that Professor John Mcarthy was only a minor contributor to the project.

Extract from the Retirement Speech of Emeritus Professor for Quantum Computing Studies Coleman James
15-November 2087

Some say that 30 years of dedication to one project is long enough. I say it is too short a time. The package the team worked on has revolutionised Quantum Computing. Today we see Quantum devices in every bank, in every university and in a number of consumer devices. I only wish that I was able to bury the hatchet with Mcarthy before he was died last year. Mcarthy was a smart man, and while I believe that he unfairly took credit for others work he did contribute to the results as a whole and I will always regret that I was unable to be a bigger man and shake his hand before the end.

Nevertheless I believe we are on the verge of a new frontier of space exploration. The developments that have been possible because of the Mcarthy Package are going to see us enter a new age of expansion and development. I believe this will rival the acceleration of transportation and travel that followed on from the work of the Wright Brothers in the early 20th century. I only wish I was going to be around for the next 100 years to see what will become of our way of life and our planet.

I leave the field that has been my life to younger and more energetic fellows. Styles is only 68 after all and will have many more years of contributions to make.

Thank you for coming today and I hope I haven’t bored you too much with my speech. Now, it appears my glass is empty – can someone please find me a full replacement?

Sydney, Australia
Sydney University
Department of Physics

Paper on the theoretical design of intra-solar system acceleration gates

Publication Date 2097-08-01

Abstract:
With the revelations provided by the analysis of the Mcarthy Package we undertook an analysis to distinguish quantum variations in field mechanics driving magnetic propulsion of ferrous and non-ferrous materials in an energised space. Using this approach, we establish relationships between provably reproducable conditions present in linear accelerators and the documented interpretations identified in the Mcarthy Package. Likely implementations include an engine or device that would allow safe and reliable acceleration in extremely low friction environments.

International Space Platform
Geostationary Orbit

Data package: 2105-10-01 T 18:00:00:303 UTC

Source: AALXV:0018 – Autonomous Acceleration Lane Experimental Vehicle

Package ID: {937E6AE7-93F4-465A-B4BC-80182EB9AAFA }

Package Content:
AALXV: Umbilical Retraction Initiated T 18:00:00:303 UTC
AALXV: Umbilical Retraction Completed T 18:02:03:523 UTC
AALXV: Capture Free Maneuvering Routine Initialised T 18:02:32:793 UTC
AALXV: Waypoint Alpha Made T 23:05:21:839 UTC
AALXV: Location Calibration Confirmed T 23:55:45:103 UTC
AALXV: Distance Measure to Reference is 52,000,003.3232 KM T 23:55:45:980 UTC
AALXV: Date Increment Recorded 2099-10-02
AALXV: Engines On Line T 00:32:23:201 UTC
AALXV: Target Destination Confirmed T 00:35:45:891 UTC
AALXV: Lane Transition Initiated T 03:12:59:301 UTC
AALXV: Lane Transition Completed T 03:52:34:082 UTC
AALXV: Waypoint Beta Made T 03:15:32:319 UTC
AALXV: Location Calibration Confirmed T 03:16:21:918 UTC
AALXV: Distance Measure to Reference is 652,028,235.9022 KM T 03:34:12:389 UTC
Last edited by PeterD on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now