Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

Actually, it is related and has been possibly answered. There is a GIT repository out there. Sure, we don't have access to it yet. But, that's a big first step. If that resource is accessible to others (in the untimely event of a bus or lottery), then we're covered.

Knowing Josh, it's covered. He had stuff in place to release the source as-is in the event of his death, as I recall. It's unlikely that the same mechanism wouldn't apply to this as well.

As to "not taking his backers seriously", that notion is laughable at best. Taking it all too seriously is what ran him into the ground.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

After a long time came here to find the news, I had hope for something different but...

I see many others have mentioned to release the soruce code and there is a private git repo out where he is trying to ammend a few things before "release" of the code.

I'd say reaching this point, just place a big Warning note about its state and release it as it is.

Cheers Josh and thanks for all the hard work. Sometimes the best way to really move on and improve is to admit defeat.

Grumblesaur wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:07 pm
BFett wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:43 pm
At this rate he may as well release the code on September 28 2019.

I respect Josh as a programmer, but procrastinating on something you said you were going to do for 10 months is pretty bad.
Well, 10 months isn't much on top of six years, really.
As I suspected, it wasn't 10 months. Just 28 days out from the 1 year mark. Which for perspective is 1/6th of the development time we waited for LT. How long are you willing to wait for the code to release?

BFett wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:54 pm

As I suspected, it wasn't 10 months. Just 28 days out from the 1 year mark. Which for perspective is 1/6th of the development time we waited for LT. How long are you willing to wait for the code to release?
As long as it takes.
Josh has his own life to live now.. we're still here, lurking or otherwise, and I truly hope Josh is enjoying life post LT Development.
It swallowed him up, spat him out, and he came back to give it more, and we all know the rest of the story.

if it takes him another 5 years to release his code, then I'm happy he's getting out and enjoying life first.
:D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:07 pm
BFett wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:54 pm

As long as it takes.
Josh has his own life to live now.. we're still here, lurking or otherwise, and I truly hope Josh is enjoying life post LT Development.
It swallowed him up, spat him out, and he came back to give it more, and we all know the rest of the story.

if it takes him another 5 years to release his code, then I'm happy he's getting out and enjoying life first.
:D
I agree he deserves a break, heck, I agree that he shouldn't have to work on the code at all since he called it quits. But Josh did say he was preparing the source code for release, and he did say it was going to be in an unusable state. If he has changed his mind on that then I can accept that, if he is still doing prep on it, I suppose I can respect that too. No timeline was given, we are just asked to keep the faith, hold tight and trust. Perhaps it's the last leg of a multi-year journey that will one day come to an end.

Sorry for my negative vibes and my outburst. You guys are cool and you all deserve peace for holding on this long.

Thank you all.

Josh said he's keeping it paid for, last time I spoke to him. It should be fine.

BFett wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:52 pm
Sorry for my negative vibes and my outburst. You guys are cool and you all deserve peace for holding on this long.

Thank you all.
No issue, BFett :) I understand being impatient. It is a really long time to wait, and it's a bit frustrating to not know when it'll be done. I wish Josh would post regularly too, but it is what it is. It'll be done when it's done. I'm in no rush.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now