Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

The first, and most critical step, is to define the scope and pick the language.

So why don't we start a new topic, with someone taking up the role of secretary, and recording all the ideas, we can then poopoo or praise them as required, figure out our scope, and from that we can start to define the language and the focus.

Once we know that, we'll be able to start looking into tools, write a design document, and build a coding standards document.

Then we can start writing the initial list of tasks, and people can start writing to make it work.

We'll need a Secretary/Project Lead however, and that won't be me. You'll understand why if you frequent the IRC.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I'll volunteer to be secretary for the new thread if needed.

On the topic of what people would like to see in Limit Theory, a few polls come to mind:

How do you think you'll spend most of your time in Limit Theory?

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory? (December)

What type of ship you will focus on mainly.

What will your occupation be in LT?

I think these give a general idea of what most users on these forums would like the game to entail. Just glancing at the results I'd say people would like a game that: is tactical on a personal level, is fun and engaging for those who like to explore, has ships of all sizes with emphasis on careers and other such large ships.

FormalMoss wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:13 am
:GLEE:
This is exciting :)
:clap:
I'll put my name down for Project Lead, as a placeholder, until anyone else with better experience than I, comes along.
I'll start as intern, since my python skills are (right now) only beginner level.

Most important is still the source code - Even if it's not tidied up.
Did he mention that it must be organised first, or can he live with publishing it in its current state?
:D

the REAL question is why haven't any of you big time backers pushed for a Class Action Lawsuit? Like seriously He's ghosted everyone since he made that "pity me" post and quit. You have his name, where he lived and supposedly his school information. I would bet money he's either off laughing it up doing something else profitable under a new name as most white collar criminals do or dead. Either way you'd find out you won't get that source code and be able to stop dreaming for this to be real. I personally have followed for a long time but after star citizen vowed to never back a KS again until I saw proof it was going somewhere stable. I am sad to see this project dead, but I just don't understand why so many people are still happy to be screwed and not go after him for it. Like it's one dude not a big corporation.

Drakrtar wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:57 pm
the REAL question is why haven't any of you big time backers pushed for a Class Action Lawsuit? Like seriously He's ghosted everyone since he made that "pity me" post and quit. You have his name, where he lived and supposedly his school information. I would bet money he's either off laughing it up doing something else profitable under a new name as most white collar criminals do or dead. Either way you'd find out you won't get that source code and be able to stop dreaming for this to be real. I personally have followed for a long time but after star citizen vowed to never back a KS again until I saw proof it was going somewhere stable. I am sad to see this project dead, but I just don't understand why so many people are still happy to be screwed and not go after him for it. Like it's one dude not a big corporation.
Because this is perfectly within his rights.

Kickstarter is not a pre-order, it's an investment, and it may or may not succeed.

Trying to punish someone for running their own mental health into the ground to try and get their passion project across the line, and then having them finally decide to take their health more seriously and call an end to, what would essentially be, a person's code-baby.

Well, that just explains exactly why Capitalism without strict government oversight is evil.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:20 pm
Drakrtar wrote:

Kickstarter is not a pre-order, it's an investment, and it may or may not succeed.

Trying to punish someone for running their own mental health into the ground to try and get their passion project across the line, and then having them finally decide to take their health more seriously and call an end to, what would essentially be, a person's code-baby.

Well, that just explains exactly why Capitalism without strict government oversight is evil.
No... that's not how investing works... if you invest in a company you own stock in that company if the people running it bail out they are still accountable to their investors. This is what blows my mind with the kickstarter generation. They ARE legally held accountable for what they promised. This isn't debatable it's law. When you pay someone x dollars to get x work done they promise to do and they do not do it they are legally responsible for that work getting done. It's fraud simple and straight. Sorry you feel like his "mental health" is a reasonable excuse for not upholding his end but A.) That's not how the real world actually works and B.) HE gave himself an out with the promise to release the code yet never has. He is obviously a scammer and it really irks me to see people defend that.

Drakrtar wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:28 pm
Silverware wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:20 pm
Drakrtar wrote:

No... that's not how investing works... if you invest in a company you own stock in that company if the people running it bail out they are still accountable to their investors. This is what blows my mind with the kickstarter generation. They ARE legally held accountable for what they promised. This isn't debatable it's law. When you pay someone x dollars to get x work done they promise to do and they do not do it they are legally responsible for that work getting done. It's fraud simple and straight. Sorry you feel like his "mental health" is a reasonable excuse for not upholding his end but A.) That's not how the real world actually works and B.) HE gave himself an out with the promise to release the code yet never has. He is obviously a scammer and it really irks me to see people defend that.
I can't tell if your trolling or serious.. Why would he spend years making daily updates and releasing high quality development videos if he was always planning to just bail with the money?

Also you realize he had employees right? He had as far as I can remember 3-4 people employed during the lifetime of LT's development.
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.

In magenta we trust

Don’t quote me on this but I think he offered to give money back after he had worked at a stable job. A lot of people on here didn’t want their money back but I can’t vouch for those who solely stayed on Kickstarter. Anyone who wanted their money back by now either got it, gave up, or did do something through Kickstarter. A lot of the “big time” backers on here had a personal connection/friendship with Josh after some point and decided that kicking him after he was down wasn’t something they cared to do.
Now, if someone really wanted their money back and had pursued it, I doubt they would advertise it.

Underworld Ascendant is a game I got burned on. Highly disappointing but it’s whatever at this point. Not doing Kickstarter anymore.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Online Now